Sound not working during test play on my project.

Mayke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The sound on my project isn't playing. It works when I test it during Sound Test. I checked the volume to see if it's up on the system, individual events and as well as my speakers. First off, I'd like to say that I'm using VX Ace and I already play tested and hit F1 to see if everything was checked and yes Play BGM, ME, BGS, and SE were all selected. I also checked to see if this problem was persistent in all my other projects and it was not. This problem was only evident in this individual project. If anyone knows what's going on please let me know. Thank you!

EDIT: Not working during regular play either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Are you using Yanfly's System Options or something similar? If you are, maybe the default volumes are set to 0. If you don't know how to increase those default volumes, try to remove the script.

One possible solution is to make a new copy of your project, then opening the copied project and start looking for scripts that may have something to do with audio, then removing them one by one to see which script caused the problem.

Mayke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you using Yanfly's System Options or something similar? If you are, maybe the default volumes are set to 0. If you don't know how to increase those default volumes, try to remove the script.

One possible solution is to make a new copy of your project, then opening the copied project and start looking for scripts that may have something to do with audio, then removing them one by one to see which script caused the problem.
Okay, I tried pasting my scripts into a separate test project I use and deleting them on my current project. Sound still doesn't work. Then I tried copying my project and without touching anything everything worked fine, sound and all. But I still would like to know what was wrong with it. My original project still has no sound playing. And I'm not using that script mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domin0e

Like a leaf in the wind
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Start üplaytesting and press F1 to bring up the options, there should be two options regarding to sound, one for bgm and one for sfx, both should be ticked.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you're using vista or up or some custom audio manager, maybe you set RPG maker to mute via audio mixer? Everything else would play fine, except RPG maker games are going to be muted by default.

Mayke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Start üplaytesting and press F1 to bring up the options, there should be two options regarding to sound, one for bgm and one for sfx, both should be ticked.
I said I already did that and they were both ticked.

If you're using vista or up or some custom audio manager, maybe you set RPG maker to mute via audio mixer? Everything else would play fine, except RPG maker games are going to be muted by default.
Well only one project file is muted so I don't know what's going on.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How about copying the entire project folder and see if it affects the new one?

Or emptying out custom scripts?

Mayke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How about copying the entire project folder and see if it affects the new one?

Or emptying out custom scripts?
I emptied out the scripts already didn't work however copying it worked. Sound works again. But I would still like to know if possible what contributed to it being unable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

12 done, 4-5 started. Now that the weekend is over, things will sloooowwwww down again proabably.
when you're completely done with someone's crap lol...
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 3 ---

F.Healer: Here it is,I made the Simple Sandwich
Survivalist
: it's so Delicious!
Chef: Here you Go! My Gourmet Steak.
Survivalist: It's Super Delicious,Too!
F.Mage: I Made it for you!
F.Healer: Uhh...Charcoal?
F.Mage No,It's a Toast!
Chef: Did you Let it in 10 Minutes?
F.Mage: Maybe?