Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So this is what I'm trying to do:

I'd like a small sound to be played whenever a player tries to pass an impassable tile, like in Pokemon. (Well it happens in Diamond and Pearl, I haven't played the other games!)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Yo Ewan

Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well there's an easy way, through Events.
Create an event, the 'Trigger' must be set to 'Player Touch' and then in the contents section give it a 'Play SE' and you should be good.

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Another simple way, that helps to save some space without using events, is to make a little add-on on the Game_Map.prototype.isPassable method or in the Game Player canPass or Move straight methods: during the checking of the character movement, if the tile is not passable (or the characters, too, depending where do you want to place the method for the audio) a sound will be played.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension
Sherriff: This permit you're renewing expired two months ago, you haven't been concealing illegally have you?

Me, remembering the sheriff was at the range with me a couple weeks ago and unsure if he'd noted me draw from IWB: I plead the fifth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackson1813