FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
what have you guys found works best when searching for media to use on a game like BGM. I want to search soundcloud and ask makers there if they are ok with me using their music or such, but I am having trouble figuring out the best way to search. is there a genre or term I can use to find stuff in that 8bit style? all I am finding are 8bit versions of pop songs nothing original.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look on Itch they have music packs on there that are retro pixel style music!

Otherwise Id say your on the right path trying to find a "Pixel Music" artist! You will catch a break if your persistent.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you checked through all the free music tracks in 'General Resources'? There are well in excess of 3,000 music tracks there, in a variety of styles to suit most genres.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcolesi10