FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
what have you guys found works best when searching for media to use on a game like BGM. I want to search soundcloud and ask makers there if they are ok with me using their music or such, but I am having trouble figuring out the best way to search. is there a genre or term I can use to find stuff in that 8bit style? all I am finding are 8bit versions of pop songs nothing original.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look on Itch they have music packs on there that are retro pixel style music!

Otherwise Id say your on the right path trying to find a "Pixel Music" artist! You will catch a break if your persistent.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you checked through all the free music tracks in 'General Resources'? There are well in excess of 3,000 music tracks there, in a variety of styles to suit most genres.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia