Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! I just released a new tool called SoundGen - SFX Generator. A tool that can be used to create sound effects for video games.

While working on my game I was in need of some sound effects and went to try out some of the tools available out there. However most felt really unintuitive and I felt like I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted most of the time, which left me really frustrated. So I decided to make my own tool. It took me about a week and a half to finish it, but I managed to do it :)
I made it available for free.​

You can try it out here:
doublereachgames.itch.io/soundgen-sfxgenerator

I hope anyone out there finds it useful.
Here's a screenshot of the tool:
preview.png
Update: Unfortunately I had to remove .ogg support as it wasn't fully compatible with the RPG Maker engine since it is a different type of .ogg codec and would cause confusion.
All files are now exported as .webm. You will need to convert the sounds into .ogg vorbis by using some sort of sound converter like this: https://convertio.co/pt/webm-ogg/

Happy sound-design!

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh no, this look fun. Definitely going to be a rabbit hole I'll end up falling down later. :kaoback:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gonna hafta set some time aside to mess around with this, 'cause it looks awesome!

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This looks like a fun tool!

Thanks for sharing it - I go through ridiculously convoluted processes to make my sfx. This may help simplify the process.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks like a fun tool!

Thanks for sharing it - I go through ridiculously convoluted processes to make my sfx. This may help simplify the process.
Thanks! ^ ^ I hope you find it helpful :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0
can't believe I slept on outer wilds, such an amazing game
Trying to enter ''Downloads'' crashes file explorer ^^ But if i download something online and enter it via the browser it works fine.....Computers...Whaddeya gonnnaa dooo!?:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki666