kaytii

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm totally new to RPG maker and I've been searching for some help on figuring out how to make a working breeding system for animals, because I'm a huge fan of farming games.  I haven't been able to find much so far. I've managed to set up a "breeding system" common event where I can talk to one of the animals, choose to "impregnate" it, and it'll either equal 1 or 0 for whether it's successful or not successful. If it equals 0 then the animal is pregnant and another animal spawns. Hooray! However I seem to be able to only get this animal to spawn once, and not multiple times. How would I be able to successfully get the animal to spawn over and over every time I chose "impregnate" on an animal and it was successful? Is this possible? Thanks!

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you please post a screenshot of your common event?

kaytii

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's a screenshot of the common event and of the horse event I placed on the map to be spawned. I apologize in advance if some of my switches/steps in general are totally unnecessary and not used correctly. I've only been playing with this program for a couple of days and I don't know what I'm doing. I tried to base my steps on a tutorial I found about characters having babies, but I'm still struggling.

breedingscreenshot.jpg

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because you are not creating the foal, you are just making it visible. The foal was there all along, just deactivated.

So, for more foals, you need more events - each one with their own variable (I guess it is a variable instead of a switch so that it changes as the horse grow?). Make the event check the value of the variable, if it is equal to zero, and put the actual hore-birthing inside to use that horse. Activate the Create Else Branch option, and inside it make the event for the second foal. Repeat until all foals are done.

Alternatively, in harvest moon you can only birth a cow each time, the other cows being different events.

bomblord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would probably set a hard limit on the number of foals the player can have.

Then, create invisible events for each and then turn them on when the birthing was successful.

If you would like more specifics I can try to create a test script and put the code here.

kaytii

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, I will try making several events for foals all with their own variables and see if I can get that to work for me! Thanks for the help. I would still love to see your test script Bomblord in case I continue to struggle!

bomblord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, I will try making several events for foals all with their own variables and see if I can get that to work for me! Thanks for the help. I would still love to see your test script Bomblord in case I continue to struggle!

Basically This

capturemgsdi.png

Obviously it's just a rough template but you can add sfx etc into it. A quick rundown of what you are seeing here you have a random chance of birthing an animal (50/50). If it succeeds it continues. Otherwise it tells you that "Breeding was not successful".

It then checks if you are at your animal limit (I arbitrarily set it to 5)

And finally increases the number of baby animals by 1 and gives a notification it happened.

capturezxsaq.png

And then just create however many animals you need each that only spawn when the variable is equal to a different number (ex 1-5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:
I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD
Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
my_birthday1205