ZackNH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I can edit the sprite sheet to change the death pose, but what I mean is that when a Side View Actor dies there will be some special animation like bursting into smoke and disappearing or turning into dust. If I edit the sprite sheet it'll loop the 3 frames, and that's not what I want.

A pluggin like this must already exist, but I can't find it.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you just want the dead motion to not loop, you can save the following code as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whateverYouLike.js) and import it as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Sprite_Actor.MOTIONS.dead.loop = false;
Alternatively I have a little plugin that lets you set the "loop" property for any of the default motions directly from the Plugin Manager, here's a link: view/download Cae_MotionLoopControl (Google Drive).

I'm not sure why the dead motion is set to loop in the first place... :kaoswt:

ZackNH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you just want the dead motion to not loop, you can save the following code as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whateverYouLike.js) and import it as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Sprite_Actor.MOTIONS.dead.loop = false;
Alternatively I have a little plugin that lets you set the "loop" property for any of the default motions directly from the Plugin Manager, here's a link: view/download Cae_MotionLoopControl (Google Drive).

I'm not sure why the dead motion is set to loop in the first place... :kaoswt:

I tried both of the things you suggested, and both caused actors to return to their idle animation when they died. There must be some conflict with another pluggin.
I'll try messing with the load order later, see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochar