wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I noticed that using an item or skill that has the Effects set to Special Effect: Escape works when you have more than 1 Party Member (Makes only that Actor that used the Item/Skill escape).

HOWEVER, if you have only 1 Actor left/only, using this Skill/Item only makes the actor "disappear", and the battle just freezes (doesnt change windows, enemies still there, etc.)

I thought this was a plugin causing it, but it does the exact same thing when you create a new project.

Is there a way to fix this bug? (Also, is there a way to make it make the entire party escape instead of just the using Actor, probably needing a plugin?)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The escape effect is originally intended for enemies, not for the player, because the player has the run selection in the turn commands.

And that run is exactly what you want - it tries to disengage the entire party from the battle.

Another option would be a skill that calls a common event with the abort battle command

Last edited by a moderator:

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, I see. So I guess Ill have to go with the common event route if I want a 100% Escape item. Thanks

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsFNREtro