special skill casting animation

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by bebetoc, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:12 PM.

1. bebetoc

bebetoc Villager Member

First Language:
    serbian
    Ok iam completely new to MV. Iam just playing around with skills and learning so i could in the future make some cool skills possibly with yanflys action sequence plugins.
    What bothers me that when i set any skill to *special* my battlers are using the casting animation instead of attacking with the weapon even though the animation is set to normal attack for the skill also in the system tab for sv magic type i dont have special just magic set as ill show bellow in the SS.
    Is there a way to remove that casting animation ( its like the char is reading a spell) for special attacks? Or only with plugins? Ty. Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    do you have have the battlecore plugin core installed? if so, double click on that plugin and change the param
    for casting to 0 and same for the one below. if its now, than im not sure.

3. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wasn't the casting Animation made by the Equiped Weapon?
    So if you have a "Wand" as Weapon it always makes the casting animation. Not totally sure, not often used this part of the Database.
    Edit: Ups sorry, i believe i made mistake.

4. bebetoc

bebetoc Villager Member

First Language:
    serbian
    ty guys for your answers
    @ShadowDragon yeah i have yepbattlecore plugin and i tried to change as you said but nothing changed, then i tried in completely new project with no plugins and still the same. Maybe this is how its suppose to be?
    @Bex oh i tried with different weps equipped and still the same

5. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know the battle core plugin cause this or from the enemy, but if its on the actor side, than i have to check where.
    But so far i see your image on the SV Skills, there is only "Magic" which cause special to use magic skills if placed in there.
    can you try to make in the magic skill "Special" or some kind and check? else im going to check on my end because
    I have no clue atm

6. bebetoc

bebetoc Villager Member

First Language:
    serbian
    Ty for your answer shadowdragon
    just tried to make in the magic skill special and still the same, ill try to google around more maybe someone else had the same problem

7. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i mean more a special type which can be created in the "Types" tab. but i will help you find a solution after dinner if you have no answer or solution yet.

Edit: In the Database, under System, remove the nonmagical skills from [SV] Magic Skills.
    The one that has the same issue yours can be found here. =)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:46 PM
  8. bebetoc

bebetoc Villager Member

First Language:
    serbian
    @ShadowDragon i have tried to create new skill type and its not in the sv magic skill type yet its still the same, maybe its some kind of bug or something for the guy in the thread you have linked worked but for me not. i already dont have physical skill into sv magic types placed. Capture4.PNG Capture3.PNG

9. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you still have [SV] Magic Skills on the list though.
    How that exacly work, I have no clue, but that is related to the magic skill usage.

if you double click the [SV] Magic Skills, you can add a new category in the Skill Type List you create.
    but as far the normal attack goes, it shouldn't use magic if you dont go into that category.

If it persist, I can ask around in discord to see if they know an answer because I'm rather out of options by than.

bebetoc likes this.
  10. bebetoc

bebetoc Villager Member

First Language:
    serbian
    Well i tried to remove magic from there also to create new type called swordplay for testing and whatever i do the problem still persist. I got kinda a workaround with yepactionsequences where i made a code for the skill and then my chars dont cast before the skill. Iam still a total noob with mv i just started several days ago so iam totally clueless how everything works. I think ill need to study yeps act sequences plugin a lot and learn to set up some nice skills. i think this can work as a workaround for my problem. and thx a lot for trying to help out a noob i appreciate it a lotXD