Special skill Escape leaves you stack in battle mode

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
As the title says I setup my hero where he can use Special skill Escape (party all) which also consumes small amount of TP if ever used,using this special skill makes the hero escape but battle backgrounds, battle menu remains on screen. Im pretty sure the hero is back on the map because I can hear the BGM but the battle scene remains on the screen anyone here got the same experience with the skill escape setup?

Last edited by a moderator:

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I don't understand well. WHen you use Escape, the other members of your party stay in the battle ?

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I don't understand well. WHen you use Escape, the other members of your party stay in the battle ?
To be more specific im using the "Skill" > "Escape" which consumes a small amount of TP, all of the party members leave the screen (successfull) but the battle screen stays on the map if its confirmed a glitch/bug im gonna post one on the "Bug section" or let the admins do it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In Ace, that skill option was specifically to be used by enemy only, because the actors had a different escape method.

I don't see the note referencing that in MV, but I think it was intended to be used the same way and they only forgot that explanation.

Your experiences with it seem to confirm this assumption.

Bearsmith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
There might be a better way to do it, but for now you can have the skill call a common event that just aborts the battle.

Grey Cain

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks, Bearsmith! Thanks to that idea, I figured out a complete solution that will stop the player from escaping when they shouldn't be. Make a common event with this conditional branch script: BattleManager.canEscape();

Then you can have Abort Battle, and an else statement to let them know when they can't escape. It should look like the following:

If : Script : BattleManager.canEscape();

Abort Battle

: Else

Text: None, Window, Top

: : Can't escape!

: End

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
In Ace, that skill option was specifically to be used by enemy only, because the actors had a different escape method.

I don't see the note referencing that in MV, but I think it was intended to be used the same way and they only forgot that explanation.

Your experiences with it seem to confirm this assumption.
I see I was wondering why they have it included with default skill list when opening my first project, when testing on enemy troops that said skill works but not on map.

There might be a better way to do it, but for now you can have the skill call a common event that just aborts the battle.
Thanks for the suggestion sounds like a good idea will try it later.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeAngelis