LemonFeeb

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an idea for a puzzle aspect in my game and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help.

I want to have two of the exact same map but each map has something the other map requires. The issue I am having is making it so that when you go to the other map you would be put in the same tile as your were on the previous map.

If you can help with this when you have the time I would appreciate it!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
from your description I'm assuming that you are using a variable transfer item, because all fixed transfer events would simply work to the other fixed point.

in such a case the solution is to use three variables first to get the current player position (game data section of control variable), then use control variable to change the map ID of the transfer command to the same position on the other map.

If you have problems with that, you need to show us the common event that you have so far for the item effect or skill effect that you're using to switch between the maps.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...
1618970067646.png
Feedback would be appreciated. To me it feels like the Dad does look a bit too normal and boring.
I think he's missing some features that make him more unique. Opinions?
recovering from surgery that covid caused me to have, im back trying to work on the newer engine on my game. We will see how this goes. I have no idea what to do about conversions
The wings got worse than I expected ... but for now it looks like this:
index.php
Doing RPG Maker News #16 | Orchestral Tileset, Don Miguel Interview, Visual Choices, Retro Console Icons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natzma