Specifics on licensing

ziron999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I create games in other engines. I want to know what is "truly" royalty free on this site and how to do a filter search for only those packs.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Nowadays there are icons on the store packs pages telling you what the terms are. For example this pack can only be used in one of the Maker engines. While this one allows all engines.
Unfortunately though, not all pages use this system yet. So if there's a pack you are interested in with no info, the only thing you can do is ask here.

And I don't think there's a way to filter search, sorry.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything on this site is royalty free. Not everything can be used in any engine, and not everything can be used in commercial games (anything you purchase on the official store page can be used commercially, but if you're getting resources from the forums you need to check the terms for each artist).

And no - no filter search.

dayero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately though, not all pages use this system yet. So if there's a pack you are interested in with no info, the only thing you can do is ask here.
not all pages :guffaw:
I just checked that because I bought the new humble bundle and managed to find those icons indicating what is allowed in a grand total of 3 pages out of 50+ I checked.

Some pages have a note them indicating the product is licensed for rpg maker only. There is also a blog post dated some time in the cold war era that gives license information for some very old packs.

As far as I can tell though pretty much everything in the humble bundle is licenced for RPG Maker products only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antelope