Speed up workflow with Browser-Sync

OO

Guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I became frustrated game testing with MV's in game tester, so I installed node.js and browser-sync and put together a .bat file so that my test window automatically refreshes every time I save my game file. I'm on windows, mind you, i'll bet there's an easy shell script for mac. After correctly installing node.js and browser-sync, simply put this into a basic text doc:

Code:
cd C:\GameDEV\DeadFriends

browser-sync start ^--server ^--files ^"data/*.json^"
Modify the cd command to point to your project folder. Save it as a .bat. Run and the game should fire up.
This saved me a lot of time, and I wish I had this code starting out.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't think this is sufficient to constitute a Tutorial unless you can add in step-by-step on how to correctly install node.js and browser-sync; however, it is a really helpful tip, so I'm going to approve it but I'm moving it to the General MV Board. :)

Reactions: OO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.
I am trying to get my game published with Aldorlea Games so that I make sales from their website and the game being on Steam. They have said that their published games rarely make less than a few hundred dollars.
DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?
I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroko005