jtgerritsen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, first post!

Please forgive my unfamiliarity with the jargon. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to reduce the delay between the individual steps contained within a turn.

ezgif-3-eb80907cb772.gif

For example, there's a notable delay between the display of the skill name and the beginning of the slash animation. Then there's a smaller delay between the end of the slash animation and the damage pop up. Does anyone know if I can do anything to tighten that up? I just really want everything to be quick and punchy if possible but i understand that the issue might just be something I have to learn to live with.

Currently, I'm just using a handful of Yanfly plugins in case it's relevant.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you’re using Yanfly’s action sequences, you can use that to control the exact timing and speed of every aspect of your skills. If that’s a bit too advanced for you right now, then you might google plugins that control the battle log and battle speed.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd go with what the above poster suggested, but be aware that if you speed it up too much, battles start to feel like a thing to just quickly get out of the way rather than a part of the game itself.

jtgerritsen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Rugman Okay awesome! I was looking into the action sequences but I found it hard to tell if what I wanted was possible. Very glad to hear that it is!

@Aesica Well said. I've definitely gotten that feeling from games I've played in the past. I will keep that in mind, thank you :)

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a super useful tool for making your action sequences. Happy to help you set them up if you need.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_beside_myself.jpg

The worst part about making custom stuff is, I can't really ask any of you why a second copy of the character randomly appears only when going SW, S, or SE and changing directions. Been bugging me for the last two days. On the plus side, look at the new random map pieces I made while thinking about it.:LZSexcite:
RPG Maker News #11 | Mech Battlers, Angels of Death on Console, New MZ Plugins & Music Packs

forgot I drew Riley's message bust ages ago. They might be one of the most unique characters in the game so far.
37 years old...
What hath possessed me to start rapping, Lloyd only knows.

I think the worst part is, I am actually really good...

no... actually, the worst part is writing a song about bum rushing Gandalf to stop Frodo...
I don't even listen to rap.
Just finished v0.1 of FOSSIL. It's a plugin that lets you use MV plugins in MZ without editing them by making them use new functions.

I have about 40 plugins tested and working so far (including chrono engine and some other big ones). I hope that the community will pitch in and help improve it, so we can use all the old plugins in MZ. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaiv8clcub