Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I'm having trouble working out how to make a state or attack that causes instant death to an enemy.
I've tried 'Recover HP -100%' in the attack formula and it just says it's done no damage.

It's a little bit complicated, as I want it to be a part of a spell to tame monsters, so I don't need them to die so much as disappear from battle, if anyone knows a better way of doing that.

Thanks, and hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas/not Christmas period :)

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. This is in the wrong place.
2. Put this in the damage formula box(make sure it's hp damage or one of the others except, none):
b.die()
If the above code doesn't work do this;
b.gainHp(-b.hp);

This will kill the target of the skill actor or enemy.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not just have the attack add state "knockout" ? Instantly kills anything. As for something that is instakill but does not remove the enemy from combat i don't know... WIth yanflys action sequence packs you can make enemies invincible. As in not dying when they are supposed to be at 0HP. maybe that'll help.

Rixxus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
2. Put this in the damage formula box(make sure it's hp damage or one of the others except, none):
b.die()
b.gainHp(-b.hp);

b.die()
b.gainHp(-b.hp);

Oh, sorry! I am the noobiest of all the noobs. Where should I put these kinds of enquiries?
And thanks!

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can really just add state knockout to the skill at 100%. Much simpler.

Rixxus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can really just add state knockout to the skill at 100%. Much simpler.
Hey HarlekinLehl,
Thanks for the suggest. I have tried, unfortunately when I kill the monster I also get the message 'x damage was done' and 'x is slain', which is kinda ruining it. I'm trying to work out how to find and remove this message, but if you have any ideas on how else to remove the monster from battle, I would love to hear them :D
Thanks again!

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread doesn't belong here.
To workaround that, you may need to ditch default battle system with VS battle core (which opt the message to appear about enemy/ally death or taken amount of damage).

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe try adding an Escape effect to the skill: tab Other > Special Effect > Escape?

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh darn! It's about MZ? Woopsie! Well i suppose there is no Yanfly action sequence then. It would have had a feature to hide these things aswell. Oh well, no idea about MZ I'm afraid. Good luck with it, OP! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesZwei