Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone
as i've already said in one of my previous threads (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/spells-question.118282/), a class that's supposed to have no spells actually has some. i've identified the source of the problem as yanfly's class changer.
How do i fix this? (see old thread for screens and things i've already tried)
edit:just in case,here's that plugin's parameters
Screenshot (16).png
And i also have subclass,but it's not that as turning it off wouldn't solve the problem

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As said in previous thread, just manually learn the skills at level 1, I'm pretty sure it only does it to first character at game start, another method might have been to start with no one and add to party after game start, I dunno months since I used it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
source of the problem as yanfly's class changer.
you're right, and yanfly's website contains a detailed description of why this happens, why he can't change it and what is needed to prevent this.
Have you checked that part of the plugin description? Is there a specific reason why you can't do it that way?

Carmifele

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As said in previous thread, just manually learn the skills at level 1
what do you mean with that? i think that from both my posts it's clear that i want a character to start with absolutely NO SKILLS

you're right, and yanfly's website contains a detailed description of why this happens, why he can't change it and what is needed to prevent this.
Have you checked that part of the plugin description? Is there a specific reason why you can't do it that way?
....where?,the page i checked and downloaded it from (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Class_Change_Core_(YEP) ) doesn't seem to have it

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

the old page before the wiki, it's in the pink comment.
unfortunately there is an automatic redirect to the new version, you barely have a few seconds to read it.

I don't remember everything and those five seconds were not enough to do more than confirm my memory of the problem. It's connected to the skill types, and you need to have your different classes use different skill types to prevent them from learning skills that are of the same skill type but for different classes.

@Archeia if I remember correctly you have access to yanfly's website, can you copy that explanation from the old blogpost to the new wiki page for the plugin?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NOTE: If you are using the Class Change Core and are wondering why skills from other classes are appearing in other classes, it is because you are using the same skill type. This is an intended function. The same way if you were to NOT use the Class Change Core plugin and use RPG Maker MV’s default class changing event, any skills acquired from the class you changed from will remain in the character even after changing. That is just how it works and I have no plans on changing that. If you wish to distinguish your skills to certain classes, then make different skill types for those classes and set those skills to those new skill types.

Carmifele

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NOTE: If you are using the Class Change Core and are wondering why skills from other classes are appearing in other classes, it is because you are using the same skill type. This is an intended function. The same way if you were to NOT use the Class Change Core plugin and use RPG Maker MV’s default class changing event, any skills acquired from the class you changed from will remain in the character even after changing. That is just how it works and I have no plans on changing that. If you wish to distinguish your skills to certain classes, then make different skill types for those classes and set those skills to those new skill types.
Thank you for the answer,had thought of this,but wanted to resort to it as a "last chance"

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela