Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @ATT_Turan for backing me up. I think he didn't like the game because it uses different approach than default settings in MV/MZ. Besides... He's french, french are hard to satisfy. :]

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont allow mouse control either, and there are parts that can be true,
but I dissagree on most of things, but the game is really well put together.
and I dont complain, why 8 exp, its low, I agree, but see all the EXP chests,
its fix that because there is a bunch, so it fits, no EXP chests are surely
higher exp.

but most games, with higher level like lv 60 needs 2mil, and you get 40-60exp?
who cares, they just need to enjoy the game, while its more story wise than
heavy battles, it fits, so they can relax.

you did a very good job Soulrender, specially the last line.
IT DOESN"T FIT EVERYONE 100%. it's always 50/50 of the people,
mine is adventure, puzzle, actions (like zelda series), story is optional,
but not heavy ones (like yours), but I do enjoy the game how it's done.

if they dont like it, they shouldn't reply at all.

that's on your game, mine game (when it comes), and everyones elses.
you play that thinks it's good, you like it, you help bugtesting it, you dislike it,
you look further, simple as that :)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nobody really cares, but anyway... There's a delay with patch, because I felt for my own trap with creating relations between NPCs/events (like in Witcher game). It's difficult and slow process, but I managed to create non-linear chapter, I just need to make few finishing touches with events.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nobody really cares, but anyway...

Well, I just finished the demo, and now I am amped for more.
I mean, I haven't even gotten to spend any of my currency yet! :D

You may have already addressed these thoughts, too, with your new update. But here's another two cents.

(See picture in spoiler) At this point in the game the event appears to be on player touch. I didn't exit, but instead walked away and then came back. The dialogue repeated itself.
1632087159837.png

That scene with Lydia would really benefit from some scene music that is different from the level music. I assume you just haven't found what you want yet.

Is there a way to suspend the save hints during dialogue? I find it a little distracting during cutscenes.

You have some really nice outside maps that I didn't get to fully appreciate because I was trailing Pixie. I like what you have but there is definitely some motivation missing for keeping up with Pixie. Maybe you can use alternate paths for the player. Pixie will take one path and if the player is lost, he'll have to guess which path. One leads to Pixie, and one of them leads to an unfortunate end of game.

Or maybe if you lose sight of Pixie, you can have HP or stamina or mana slowly drained. Then you can sprinkle enemy battles which, depending on how much has been drained, the party will survive or not.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for the fun!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@autodidact losing pixie has 1 downside, because if you are behind,
I understand the logic, but the it checks if the player is x tiles behind,
and same message appear if you are x tiles in front, so it would be
harder.

but I think in the next patch, you need to backtrack anyway or able
to explore when it's light, so it might across sooner or later anyway :)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I have just caught up with reading this thread. I have had RL stuff going on, so the last time I was here was the weekend you decided that a "Potato Juice" party of 6 bottles was what you needed. I'm a grape juice person myself.

Please don't change the Pixie stuff drastically. It's hard enough as it is to keep up.

I'm looking forward to your next update. Hopefully soon. I'll be restarting from the beginning.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, here's another update...

Patch 1.1E - 27.09.2021

- Minor fixes in previous release.
- Some minor tweaks in gameplay.
- Increased distance between player and pixie before notify.
- Increased Tallanar's IQ perk by 4 points per level
- Lightning Cage skill now doubles damage from lightnings.
- 4th chapter fully playable.
- 5th chapter prelude available.
- Added new items.
- Added new creatures.
- Other minor bugfixes.

I'd like to mention, especially to you, @Lady_JJ I hired professional translator, but he screwed up with assignment - he took job, and he didn't translated a single word - lucky, we agreed I pay him after work, but anyway... I used to translate a tool which supposed to be a far better translator than google translate - Language Tool, so the number of grammar errors should be far less than in patch 1.1D, but you might notice different style of vocalization of main heroes. If yes, then let me know it immediately.

And here's the link to download game

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, here's another update...

I'd like to mention, especially to you, @Lady_JJ I hired professional translator, but he screwed up with assignment - he took job, and he didn't translated a single word - lucky, we agreed I pay him after work, but anyway... I used to translate a tool which supposed to be a far better translator than google translate - Language Tool, so the number of grammar errors should be far less than in patch 1.1D, but you might notice different style of vocalization of main heroes. If yes, then let me know it immediately.

And here's the link to download game
@Soulrender
Thank you for the update. It's very much appreciated.

@Lady_JJ is great at spotting grammar issues and I am always happy to help, too. You don't need a translator (especially Google) from what I remember reading in the game so much as just some basic grammar changes. Didn't you mention you had the script written in a text file? If so, grammar edits can be rather easily performed using the raw text format. So your original paragraph would appear followed by any grammatic changes. Then you could just cut and paste changes to your game's text boxes.

I share her concerns about unintentionally changing your writing style, so it would be important to understand the character conversations in context by playing the game.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
God-damn it. I just woke and realized that there are few things I botched like a total noob...
- In Whisperblade you can complete an optional quest called "Tower of dark illusions", however, guarding NPC has two restriction before he let player in:
* The group must contain 5 heroes (here is ok)
* Their average level must be greater or equal to 4. If some player likes grinding, then it's okay, obtaining average 4th level of group is possible throughout the game, but strictly in Whisperblade there are no available battles to gain exp, except few books hidden in Stardust guilds HQ, but it might be not enough...

- Even though you manage to complete that quest, Tower of dark illusions you will receive an item called "Gem of Summoning". During battle, it will summon for three turns one random elemental spirit:
Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Light, Darkness. Every summoned spirit is an autonomic instance, so the player cannot control it and it will automatically select the best skill to use when it's turn will come, but light spirit even with set skills with no cost (MP/TP) and without special conditions (Like with yanfly's target core and Yanfly's selection control plugin) still refuses to use skills and I don't know why.

Another thing, I did yesterday a test run on hard difficulty and in Tower of dark illusions on 3rd floor there is a demi-boss to defeat, while on easy level it's pretty mild to fight, then on hard level is like solid concrete, but deals relatively small damage - needs more precise calculation with its resistance features... Your best hope will be combining all heroes special effects on him:
* Lightning Cage
* Freezing
* Burning
* And if you decide to complete main quest, 6th hero will appear and include the three above effects her Shadow Strike spell.
(Those effects ignores enemy's defense and resistance, so they will do the job)

2nd floor - I forgot to set battle background image...

And here's the list of things to complete in Tower of dark illusions:
- ground floor -> Intro
- 1st floor -> turn on switches in correct order, there are 9 switches, so available combinations are 9 ^ 9 = 387420489, but I won't terrorize you with doing all those combinations, here's the correct order:
switchOrder.png
- 2nd floor -> just defeat group of skeletons
- 3rd floor -> activate 5 obelisks with an ancient amulet, you can drop it from shades walking in circle there, but 5th amulet you can drop only from lesser lich, a demi boss mentioned earlier in this post.
- 4th floor -> you must defeat your exact clones, every clone inherits all current parameters of main heroes.
- 5th floor -> Push down all switches, but there is a catch, each pressed down switch will push up two next to that switch. So, you push down 5th switch down, 4th and 6th switch will turn up.
- 6th floor -> It's just sort of oasis, where you can recover your heroes to 100% health/mana/stamina
- 7th floor -> Turn 5 switches, but you will be attacked by falling rocks (6), each switch will stop throwing at your party one rock, the last switch will disable remaining two rocks, if rock will hit you, your group will loose 200HP, if HP Drops to 0 - game over.
- 8th floor -> It's a icy maze, you have two minutes to find an exit, there are no fights on this floor, but you must watchout for slippery floor, it will slow you down for a moment.
- 9th floor -> defeat main boss, when you will be victorious, you will be moved next to the tower and you get that Gem of summoning.

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Solid game, I recommend :D! Could use a little help with grammar though ^^;

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@thenerdmansion I'm watching your gameplay and review, but... You downloaded older version 1.1D, latest version is 1.1E :) Where almost all things you feel bad are fixed.

Last edited:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh well...

Patch 1.1F - 03.10.2021

- Added preview of heroes skills
- Autosave feature is now not tedious as before.
- Lantern burn time extended by 57%
- Added some more hints in game
- Increased number of difficulty levels to six
- Hud now is hiding in first hut when player picks items from shelf
- Far more improved system of refilling lantern
- Fixed bug with no music when session was picked with continue option
- Removed jump (there's no need to jump at all)
- Increased Exp from enemies and slightly lowered exp table
- Fixed Tigers item descriptions.
- Added map (item) for Tower Of Illusions in 4th chapter.
- Minor fixes with experience chests scattered on maps.
- Fixed bug with HUD, when player reached max level.
- Fixed background on 2nd floor of Tower Of illusions.
- Lich on 3rd floor on hard mode is a little easier to kill.
- Added Action icons for NPC's in 4th chapter.

You already know where to download the game.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just posting patch update, but not the game itself, to keep the game at top in topics list:
Patch 1.1G - 13.10.2021

- Instant Kill now has own custom animation, along with boxing
bell sound to make easier to understand what just happened in battle.
- Lightning Cage now has calculation in skill description to display
percentage probability of successful skill use.
- Salt can be used in battle on enemies, but it will work against
banshees, shades and witches.
- Since the victory message is based on default MV message window I've added a
counter of looted items from battle, so the player won't be confused or
irritated with really big windows.
- Telthos' skill "Iron Body" is replaced with skill "Lion's Courage" - this
skill grants +55% extra damage for direct attack (not for skills), raises
strength 2x and received damage from magic and melee attacks
also 2x - lasts 5 turns.
- Increased party's movement speed from 3.43 to 3.58
- When enemy's HP drops to 20% enemy may escape from group.
- Rhino Stomp, Earth Quake and Call Of The Spirits skills can't damage
flying enemies.
- Spiritual Strike now can damage Ghosts, Banshees and Shades.
- At least 30 points of Intelligence is required to use Tome of Power
for specific hero.
- Added Party rank indicator in HUD.
- Non-usable items are now marked in gray so the
player knows that the item is not for typical use.
- Fixed bug where potions could be used on dead friends.
- Fixed weather bug in 5th chapter (it was raining in caves).
- Experience Chests now gives exp randomly between 150 and 300
(Exp chest can be empty, with no XP - 10%).

I will release the patch 1.1G either on Saturday or Sunday, depends on my mood.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin