Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have prepared an online version for indiexpo.net website. If anyone has an account there, you can play game and earn rank points, by playing it.

Play online now and see how tough you are.

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Soulrender,
I downloaded your version before the last one but never got the chance to play it. Now, I have to download the new version...or play online at indiexpo.net.

I don't have an account there, but when I tried loading the game I got an error. That just me?

1643072453594.png

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@autodidact, honestly I have no idea what does that error means. But I see you are using firefox, isn't you're using Selenium Firefox by any chance? Try to run the game in a different browser, I've tested indiexpo online on Brave (mostly tested), Chrome and Opera. However my game is focused to be played on PC, not web so I suggest to download game and play on PC, like regular game.

Edit: If you don't want to install any other web browser, then try to disable your plugins related with VPN I read something on StackOverflow that ghostery plugin can cause such problem in other type CSS/JS applications

Last edited:

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Selenium? No. I disabled my plugins, but that didn't work.
It does run without issue in Chrome, so that's a solution.

However my game is focused to be played on PC, not web so I suggest to download game and play on PC
Okay, that's a good request. I'll download it the last version you posted.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was working on some kind of voice acting and due lack of persons who could help me with that (especially women) I used voicebooking speech synthesizer, of course this method cannot express emotions or mood, but for generic narration and exposition might looks good, but... I'm not sure myself, what do you think?

Here's the prototype of such exposition using voicebooking tool.

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting. I am using voice acting in my game but in Japanese. I just use it to transport emotions as I expect most people won't be able to understand it and must read the English lines.

About your question: I think for generic narration it is ok. Only thing I noticed was that there is no pause in longer sentences (as the computer doesn't need to breathe) which seemed a bit strange to me. But in general, it's not a bad result.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use human voices, but there is also a nice tool I used to use for fun
to change your voice to be high or very low, which can trick your friends.

human male, female, kid, robot, or others, depending how you set it.
I did that to test on a game using teamspeak I think, but dont use that anymore,
it still might work, so you could do it on your own.

the only downside is, you need to try to speak high and low to get the vibrant
just good enough for your taste to use.

this way, you can use 1 person voice acting on your own =)
but still, human voices by different people might still your best choice :)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ElCheffe yes, I noticed it too there are no breaks in long sentences, but it's just a prototype, I can nicely fix it in FL Studio, and should be ok next time.

@ShadowDragon, to avoid potential problems on the forum, can you tell me about that tool on discord?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't uploaded yet anything with game itself, but I'm still working on 6th chapter, so I think, giving a sample won't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

EdwardNygma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a lot of dilemma to register and post something about this game, but I have decided to say something about this project.

Things I like:
+ In general, maps, how well done are made using just default RTP with some freebies.
+ Music selection, fits well for environment, but on long run might bore player
+ The main plot, simple and original. I won't spoiler the game, but what I've learned later in game surprised me dearly.
+ Interface, layout of windows, player HUD.
+ Style of dialogues, informal, with grammar errors, dunno it's caused @Soulrender have problems with grammar, or on purpose, but it gives atmosphere of casual and informal relations between heroes.
+ No random encounters
+ Various type of quests with nice description in quest log menu.
+ References to various elements of culture and songs.
+ Time needed to complete demo, I was surprised, it is not too short, and not too long, like somehow @Soulrender put on a scale time itself with game play and arrow pointed perfect center.

Things I don't like:
- Battles, seems to they try to be different from each other, but after deep analyse they the same, good they are optional.
- Too much unnecessary drop items, I have looted tons of unused stuff, I can guess, they will be needed for some crafting, refining items?
- Inefficient security of assets, I'm not spec in this things, but my guess files were virtualised, loading game at first takes 2-3 seconds according to my estimations, but I understand that, I saw lot of paid assets from degica shop.
- Tight corridors on certain locations.
- Too simple approach of developing heroes, learning new skills just by leveling up and strengthening them with just books? Because that Guild rank booster didn't convince me. Of course, it's something different, but I would think something better.

So, my final verdict:
@Soulrender, I don't know you, but I can tell for certain, You have talent for making games, despite the fact people are picky on elements that don't affect game play, you are a man of old date, and you like old type of gameplay and that's perfectly fine! Focus on it and find inside yourself energy and will to finish this project, sure it has no spectacular graphics, but it's only an ingredient. Some people like salty dishes, some like sweet dishes. If I were you I would just hold up with marketing until game is completed, competition might steal some ideas from you, take advantage of your delays and you will lose potential players. I know you will pull it through, and I wish you good luck with this project. I'll keep watching progress of this game, because I can say without any hesitations, this game have potential to be the best game created with RPG Maker software and people should learn from you.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah... The production and development process is very slow... :(

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While the 6th chapter is complete and playable (finally) I'm fixing the battle hud some minor technical issues and polishing final look, although looks good, but... Something is not right about it and I don't know what. Busts will be replaced with my own drawings.

N4gtB7x.jpg

EdwardNygma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I trust those busts in main menu are just temporary, maybe for debugging purposes, but let me tell about my feelings about that vision of battle interface. Color composition and plant / nature theme looks good, but it doesn't match to main hero nature and kind of spell he uses. I read on your discord, @Soulrender that you will implement a highlight avatars in top of the screen who takes turn, that was something I wanted to say in this post, but I can scratch that from the list.

Maybe you could try to add at bottom of the heroes avatars smaller diamonds and put them their levels? For me, it's okay, if it will cover some part of heroes in avatars. Legs not necessarily must be showed in interface avatars.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Patch 1.1I - 08.05.2022

- Health warning message is included in the launcher in text and mp3 format.
- Added 7th Difficulty Level
- Re-designed launcher, heh, buttons don't match the style of the game though
- Couple of new Battle Backgrounds...
- Fixed bug with full screen on latest nwjs updates for windows
- Drop of items, trash items reduced to 10% rate and added a permanent drop
of coins with the following pattern:
*Lv. 1 - Lv. 4 -> Dimes and copper coins​
*Lv. 5 - Lv. 7 -> Dimes and silver coins​
*Lv. 8 and higher -> Dimes and gold coins​
- When a party member dies, all its other bars (MP, ST) drop to 0
- The briefings before starting the chapter now appear much faster
- When a team member falls his avatar in battle hud becomes black&white, and no one
can continue the battle, the proper message is displayed.
- Battle HUD indicated who takes a turn by glowing frame
- added some side quests
- added ability enchantment for money
- Fixed event that gives 75XP for the party (it was giving 1000 XP, but the message displayed 75)
- Mental shockwave's Mana cost raised from 90 to 110MP
- Spiritual Strike's Mana cost raised from 125 to 150MP
- Tallanar's base MP regeneration raised from 4% to 7%
- Added Image Of the Island
- fixed camera bug in goldmine when riding a wagon
- You can skip cutscenes when heroes are riding the wagon
- fixed bug with the summoned angel, the game showed an error message, when battling is won and an angel is being unsummoned.
- Small bugfixes

Download from itch.io and have fun

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some major bug fixes (Can't believe I've made such bugs...)

* Small Grammar fixes
* WorldMap now shows the image of the island
* Potion "Blue Kamikaze" now gives the following traits:
- HP regeneration +5%​
- MP regeneration +5%​
- Chance for evading melee attack +15%​
- Chance for counter attack +15%​
* Added description for items with "This item has no description yet"
* Fixed dialog where the hero not present in the team was saying.
* When answering wrong questions in Bridgekeeper player was teleported to a broken location.
* Fixed passage on the drawer in Trishia's Shop.
* Fixed passage on a bench in Whisperblade.
* Fixed weather in Pawnshop located in Whisperblade
* Fixed flickering interaction icon in a secret room.
* Fixed passage on the staircase in Whisperblade.
* Fixed passage downstairs in prof. Holmberg's Castle.
* Item "Sacred Book Of Strength" now has a price in the shop.
* Fixed movement of members of Guild "Shadow Dragons" in their house.
* Fixed problem when entering Isilynora's room, player couldn't leave it.
* Fixed problem with dialog after defeating Erelim.
* Fixed glitched dialog in Bulmeth's brewery.
* Fixed problem with exchanging coins in bankers if the player typed 0 value.
* Fixed problem when entering Rainhard's room.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.
Phew. Finally fixed all of the tileset and event issues in this demo. And now, it's time to release another, finished game. Stay tuned!
you know, since learning C [;)] I've grown to love VC and OpenGL :D
Welp. Just updated the biplane sprite-sheet with the missing "North" and "South" positions. Really digging the old 1920's aircraft designs as of late. Shame they're not in "vogue" anymore. They had style. I wasn't planning on making an Air Mail-centric game but now it is getting awful tempting.
animation-example.gif
ScreenShot_5_15_2022_4_23_30.png

found out the names of all the window's used in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin and came up with some designs for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet365samcom