Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble timing out a specific kind of spike trap. What I would like to do is have alternating rows of spikes like so:
------- <-Spikes Down
^^^^^^^ <-Spikes Up
-------
^^^^^^^

And they would alternate their "Spikes Up" and "Spikes Down" positions. Getting them to just alternate was not a problem, but I need to time out a moment when they are both down so the player can move to the next tile. The way I have it now does this for the first swap, but the instant swap is instant. That leaves no time for the player to move.

This is how I have it right now:

Event A
Spikes Down position

Wait: 120 Frames
Self Switch A On

Spikes Up position
An page A:
Wait: 60 Frames
Self Switch A Off

Event B
Spikes Up position
Wait: 60 Frames
Self Switch A On

Spikes Down position
An page A:
Wait: 120 Frames
Self Switch A Off

And these two events alternate between the two spike positions.

I hope that makes sense to any readers. Any help with what I am missing or any ideas I could try would be very appreciated.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I’m understanding correctly then you need to change your wait times. How can they both every be down at the same time if they alternate in perfect 60 or 120 intervals? You need to make one of the events change faster than the other so they will lose sync with each other.

I hope that makes sense and that I’m understanding your problem correctly.

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, just you stating that helped. I've been scratching my head tweaking numbers. All I had to do was make the second event start its sequence later than the first. Thank you so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito