Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have found a few plugins which enable you to show splash screens before the title screen.
What I haven't been able to find is a plugin which starts the title music track as soon as the first splash screen appears. The only option is silence.

Does such a plugin for MZ exist?
Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@BloodletterQ Wow! Thank you.

Unfortunately you are dealing with someone who is still in the deepest depths of ignorance about JS.
In the plugin there is no section 'Scene Boot'. There are, however, 4 sections which seem to deal with creation/opening of the scene. They are:
Initialize the Splash Scene
Create the initial Splash Scene
Start the Splash Scene
Load the Splash Scene (this section is right at the end)

Which do you think might be the equivalent of Scene Boot? It's a tiny plugin, the processing part being less than 100 lines, but that doesn't help me to choose between these 4.

Thank you.

EDIT
In case anyone else is interested, this query has been admirably answered by BloodletterQ on this thread.

Last edited:

Ahuramazda

The Last Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes Another option you could consider if this plugin doesn't work out for you 100% is something to possibly skip the title screen and go straight to the starting map, and then set up an event to start the music and do splash screens via the "show image" event command. And this would also allow you to fully event a custom title screen if that is something you would like doing.

This is a sample of my title screen from one of my projects using said method. Fairly old video and made in MV, but I did port the same scene to MZ and it works perfectly fine when tested. Also, don't judge too hard as this was my first attempt at eventing a title screen ;p

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Ahuramazda That's an interesting idea which I shall keep at the back of my mind.

Sadly I can't access your video. This is what I get:
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.
As I've specifically enabled tracking protection against Facebook, I'm not inclined to disable it now.

Ahuramazda

The Last Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes really odd... Ill see if I can find another way to send it to you via PM then, lol

and I don't blame you for that tracking protection >_>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jirohdyt