Thai
Primarily Uses
Splendith Save & Load Engine with Real-time Loading Screen

Author: Splendith

Version: 1.5

Last Updated: 2015-05-19

Created: 2015-05-15

Changelog

• Version 1.5: Added a new setup configuration "PRELOAD_MOVEMENT" that enables the NPC's autonomous movement (for :preload type only) - Thank you oozoratorino.

I am Thai and this is the first time i have been here (and the first time I've use the international community)
Sorry if If I did something wrong and was not good at English > <

Description

This script represents the new save & load clean and minimalist interface. The highlight of this interface is 'preload' feature that allows you to see your real-time saved game before you load! Anyway, this feature is still in beta, I do not guarantee in any risks. Currently, I try for a few days without issues. Please tell me if it has any problems :)

If you would like to know how it works. Please visit the video clip example below.

Video Clip Example

Features

• New save & load clean and minimalist interface
  • Shows character face, level, map, gold, and playtime
  • Has 3 types in loading screen.
    1. preload (currently beta) - display a real-time saved screen. You will see a movement of water, weather, stepping animation of npcs, etc before you choose a file
    2. screenshot with saved music - display a saved screenshot with saved BGM & BGS
    3. screenshot only - display a saved screenshot with title BGM
  • In preload type, it automatically lock all auto-events. Feel free to use in story event or cut-scene
  • After you select a file in loading screen, It will immediately start playing without the interrupted fading screen.
  • In saving screen. It has only screenshot only type
  • You can choose the image background when the user access an empty slot at "Graphics/System/EmptyFile.png", or ignore it if you have no idea
Term of use

• Free to use in any projects including commercial projects (I will very happy if you kindly send me a full game ^^). Giving a credit to Splendith is required in your project.
  • Please preserve the script header
Downloads

How to use

• Simply paste this script in script editor in Materials section
  • The configuration setting information is in the script header
Thank you

• Screen Capture and GDI+ interface by cremno
  • Inspiration by Yanfly

Last edited:

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have something to ask about: When I am loading a save file that is on a map that has a parallel process that does something, in my case, fine-tunes some event positions and the like, there is a split second where they aren't processed before suddenly moving to their respective positions. The scripts that is mostly visible as part of the issue is Vlue's Fine Tuning script and Neon Black's Terrain Tags script, the first is used on parallel events. What do you think could be the solution to these?

Splendith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
I have something to ask about: When I am loading a save file that is on a map that has a parallel process that does something, in my case, fine-tunes some event positions and the like, there is a split second where they aren't processed before suddenly moving to their respective positions. The scripts that is mostly visible as part of the issue is Vlue's Fine Tuning script and Neon Black's Terrain Tags script, the first is used on parallel events. What do you think could be the solution to these?
Thank you for your question :)

This script normally has an effect in parallel process before you load. Anyway, I've blocked all of the autonomous movement so Vlue's Fine Tuning script will not work correctly.

Now I've added the new setup configuration "PRELOAD_MOVEMENT" that enables NPC's autonomous movement before you load. I think It can solve the issue in Vlue's Fine Tuning script but I am not sure it will has any other problem in future or not. Please try the new version in the same download URL.

In Neon Black's Terrain Tags script I am not sure what the problem is. If you mean the problem that when you save under the bridge, the player will go over the bridge after load. I try to disable my script, it still happen too.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How has this not gotten much attention?
It's brilliant!

Jojozaamaak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh,Can you please reupload the script on this forum please.
The link to the script here is already dead.
(But on irpg.in.th the link is still work.)

Btw , Awesome script!

Last edited:

Splendith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Hello,
First I'm terribly sorry about dead download links of script and example. Now I've recovered them.
I also change the term of use so now you can use this script in any projects including commercial projects. But giving a credit is still required :)

Thank you for your interest.

FazbearGamer05

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There seems to be some problem that the script is causing. Each time I try to load a file, it shows a error message with some problem in Scene_Title script, line 101. Can someone help me?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I try to load a file
You are probably trying to load a saved file from before you put the script in.
When you add new scripts, you will likely have to start a new game.
So try starting a new game then save and load.

FazbearGamer05

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are probably trying to load a saved file from before you put the script in.
When you add new scripts, you will likely have to start a new game.
So try starting a new game then save and load.
The problem is still appearing. However, something strange is that when I save a file, it works fine (the saving process with script) but when I try to enter the Save Files menu from the Title Screen, it says there is some problem with Scene_Title , line 101.

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where do you have the script placed?
Can you show a screenshot of your script list with this script in it?

I put this into a test project and it works fine.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mine works, but it doesn't work with RGD. @Roninator2 did you get it to work with RGD?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BCj No I don't use RGD. It conflicts with too many scripts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sadpan