- Feb 23, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- RPG Maker
- Primarily Uses
Welcome to the Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! The very first official RPG Maker MZ game jam! With 20 days to make your game, you’ll have until the Witching Hour of All Hallow’s Eve to create your creepy and spooky game.
From there, our Spectral Spooktators (judges), will play the games, and decide who’s game comes out on top!
All entrants will be awarded with a forum badge to celebrate their participation… but the very best, plus one lucky entry, will receive even more…
- Make a game using RPG Maker MZ. The game must be horror themed. (Horror theme does not mean it needs to be a horror game, or even scary.)
- Gameplay up to one hour will be judged. Judges are not obligated to play your game after one hour of gameplay, but may choose to play it further at their own discretion.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Teams are allowed (Any prizes will be awarded to the person who submits the game, splitting the prize up is the team's responsibility.)
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry at our own discretion.
- The creator of any assets you use must be credited. A readme file in the deployed game folder is acceptable.
- Entries must be PG-13.
- Judges are not eligible to win prizes.
- Ties will be decided via group discussion among the judges, they'll make the final determination of placement in the event of a tie in a prize tier.
- Games must be started no sooner than Oct 12 2020 and must be submitted no later than midnight Oct 31st Pacific time.
1st: $50 Degica Shop Gift Card
2nd: $25 Degica Shop Gift Card
3rd: $10 Degica Shop Gift Card
Random Draw: $10 Degica Shop Gift Card
All participants: Participation Forum Badge!
Bonus: Each of our Admins and moderators will be able to hand out 1 superlative Special Badge to the entry of their choice!
Additionally, for everyone who reviews 3 games submitted to the contest, there will also be a Spooktober Spooktacular Review badge! These reviews must be submitted by November 20th to be eligible.
Monday, October 12th: Game Drive Begins!
Monday, October 19th: Game Submission Thread Opens.
Monday, October 26th: Review Submission Thread Opens.
Saturday, October 31st, Midnight Pacific: Game Submissions close
Friday, November 20th, Midnight Pacific: Review Submissions close
Monday, November 23rd: Winners announced!
©Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc./YOJI OJIMA 2020