Spore Infection

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by hyde9318, Feb 20, 2016.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, Hyde here for one last thing. This is more of a request than a question, so I placed the thread as such. 

This is going to sound a bit dark, but the overall mood for the dungeon in which it is being used is just as dark as the request itself, if not worse (dark as in bad, not lack of light). This is a request for a special kind of state that will make the character infected with it first lose stats, then lose the will to battle, then give up life itself. It would work similar to an advanced form of the confusion state from pokemon. The state comes from a cave that is said to make people go insane and kill themselves, but once you investigate, you find that it is actually a result of a spore that is given off by a beast in the cave. Here is the breakdown of the state itself...

Turn 1, actor 1 is infected with state by enemy 1. Actor then loses a set amount of stats. State does not go away.

Turn 2, actor 1 is again infected with state by enemy 1. State stacks to 2, but now actor has a 50% chance of actually performing their action (or 50% chance of doing nothing). This 50% action chance is on top of the lowered stats presented before. State does not go away.

Turn 3, actor one is once more infected with state by enemy 1. Actor one now no longer has the effects of first two stacks, but instead only attacks him/herself each turn until state is removed by item or skill from another actor, or actor kills him/herself via own attacks. 

So what I need is a way to either add effects to a state each time it stacks, or a way to replace state with another each time it is applied. So say I apply state 24 with an attack, then apply it again with an attack, 24 is replaced with 25. Then if I apply 24 one more time, 25 is replaced with 26. I know this is an extremely confusing way to explain it, so feel free to ask questions. There may even be a better way to do this. In fact, there probably is already a plugin that does this (or maybe an in-engine way to do it that I overlooked) as I know similar things were done with scripts before MV. 

IDK, feel more than free to ask questions. Also, feel free to let me know if there is already ways to do this. While I have worked with RPG Maker for a while, I have just recently tried MV and I would really like to get more acquainted with it. Thank you all for your help. 

2. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    BUMP