Ace2Shoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Engine: RPG Maker MV

Synopsis: "Nintenworld Legends" (working title) is a turn-based RPG which follows naive protagonist Ren, and his two allies, Wario and Waluigi, as they travel through various Nintendo worlds, with the aim of powering their spaceship to get Wario and Waluigi back to the Mushroom Kingdom, to present King Mario with a rare jewel that has transformed into a sword.
As you can probably tell if you are familiar with the series, various elements of the story are based on the Kingdom Hearts franchise, as this game has the purpose of delivering "What if Kingdom Hearts had Nintendo worlds rather than Disney?".
The inspiration also comes over to the gameplay, with a focus on passive abilities rather than skills, which you can equip up to 8 at a time. The game will also feature charms, which you can use to combine with various Nintendo characters to have a new set of skills and a new weapon, an example being a Pit charm, which transforms your weapon into a bow and allows you to use more elemental-based skills.
As for the story of the game, you play as Ren, an optimistic 13-year old, who after watching Bowser kidnap his best friends, joins forces with the Mushroom Kingdom's resident bodyguards, Wario and Waluigi, to get them back. Meanwhile, Wario has stolen a rare jewel, which seems to be linked to Ren and has transformed into a sword that Ren can wield. Wario and Waluigi wish to present the sword to their King, but their spaceship has been lost after a fight with a mysterious figure. The newly-united trio must hop from Nintendo world to Nintendo world, gathering energy to power their journey home. Along the way, they'll encounter the villainous characters that feature in many Nintendo franchises, such as Ganon and Ridley, as well as Zaxxyl, a mysterious, chaos-driven villain with shady motives.
One of my main aims whenever I make a game is to give the Guard command a purpose, and in this game, I can say it will! Rather than halving damage taken, Guard will negate all damage. Use it a second time in a row, then it will halve the damage taken. Third time? You will take 75% of the damage. And the fourth time, your guard will break completely.
The game also promotes predicting what attack your opponent will use, via hints in the designs. Is the opponent's sword glowing red? Maybe he's about to use a megadeath attack! Have you picked up on an attack pattern? Change up your strategy to exploit it. Maybe Guard when you know a big attack is coming, or Potion up when you can predict a Guard.

Positions/Roles Needed: I am looking for a pixel artist, who can design the characters (battlers and overworld sprites). Either in the Time Fantasy style or a complete custom style to redesign the whole game.
An animator would also be perfect, someone who can design the various animations for various skills.
Also having someone who could help balance the encounters, and come up with unique ideas for bosses and enemies would be very handy.
And someone who could work on plugins would be great!

Current Team:
Myself - Writing, Game Developer.
JtheDuelist - Concept Artist.

I hope through this, I can find some party members!
For contact, feel free to message me on here or on Discord, where my name is Ace#7069.

Last edited:

TheCelestialRPGFactory

Tester of stuff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not going to join your project sadly (I've got work to do on Dreamshatter Rondo, the sequal to my friend's, Project CROSS, other game, Hope's Fleet Frontier), but I do like your ideas and would gladly see you succeed.
Waluigi as a playable character is probably the best part about it.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Ace2Shoes My art style doesn't fit what you need, but I can gladly help by whipping up some rough concepts for bosses and enemies for your game so that others can turn them into the sprite and battler style you are looking for, since I play a lot of Kingdom Hearts and Nintendo games, especially the Fire Emblem series. If it is alright with you, would you mind if I did the designs for the Fire Emblem world in the game? My mind is already shooting a thousand ideas a second just talking about a KH-esque FE world. I can PM you some rough designs if you want since my art style is more reminiscent of a hybrid between FE and Square-Enix's The World Ends With You.

Ace2Shoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Ace2Shoes My art style doesn't fit what you need, but I can gladly help by whipping up some rough concepts for bosses and enemies for your game so that others can turn them into the sprite and battler style you are looking for, since I play a lot of Kingdom Hearts and Nintendo games, especially the Fire Emblem series. If it is alright with you, would you mind if I did the designs for the Fire Emblem world in the game? My mind is already shooting a thousand ideas a second just talking about a KH-esque FE world. I can PM you some rough designs if you want since my art style is more reminiscent of a hybrid between FE and Square-Enix's The World Ends With You.
Sure, shoot me a PM. Apologies on the late reply, been busy beyond belief.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Really hard to let go of a pet.
Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SangueXII