Tiifan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone !

The actual displaying system for enemies states is kind of counterproductive for my game.
The battle gameplay is based a lot on buffs/debuffs and the fact that on enemies it is displaying only one icon that update itself to change and show every states one by one isn't ideal.

I'm trying to find a way to display them all, on a line, the same way as it doing for actors in the HUD.

I've seen this question asked few times here and all are stayed without answer. I don't know if authors have found their answers alone or if it's a kind of question no one have to ask here in case of summoning a demon, but I really need an help for this. Using a plugin or not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it is not possible to display every icon, you'll have to set a maximum number - because otherwise there would be too many icons to fit the screen if an enemy gets too many states.
even the actor icons have such a limit, althoug it's higher.

That said, you'll need a plugin to rewrite the display code - this can't be done with a simple data change.
Depending on how many state icons you want as a maximum there might already be such a plugin - have you checked yanfly's?

Tiifan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks for the answer.

I don't want to display a big amount of states. Just like 5-6 will be enough.

My actual limit for actors is set to 7 and it working well.

I'm using a lot of yanfly's plugin, but I don't think one of them bring any solutions to this.

If you already know which one can help me, this is a list of my Yanfly's plugins who can be related:
BattleEngineCore / AutoPassiveState / BattleStatusWindow / BuffStateCore / StatusMenuCore / AnimatedSVEnemies / VisualStateFX

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imfayzer