Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have a toolbar that utilizes common events. Created many tools, but I'm having difficulties with one.

I have a tool called "Sprint Shoes". What I want this to do is allow you to dash for a short period of time when used (Say 10 seconds) with a 10 second cooldown. How would I go about doing this with a common event or plugin command?

I use Yanfly's plugins, as well as a handful of others. I have no issues getting more plugins to help me accomplish this task.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need a way to change the dash ability for that to work, and by default the editor can change dash only as a static map property.

That means there is no way to do this without a plugin.

There should be several such plugins available - please search for them. Only if you selected which plugin to use can we help you make the rest usable - the time control should be done by common event, because the game loop is involved in time counting.

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings again, Andar.

My issue is there seems to be a lack of Sprint plugins at the moment. At least that I've been able to find.

Tried searching for "Sprint", "Dash", and "Stamina" on the forums, google, and the MV Master list to no avail.

The only thing that I've found that's close is Silver's Dash Stamina.

Though it doesn't seem to have any script calls for what I need. I need my Sprint Shoes Tool to be able to sprint with a button press, but with a cooldown. This plugin seems to be able to toggle the "capability" to sprint, but doesn't actually activate the sprint itself.

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
I can make a common event, with a conditional branch, that says "When (for example, but with the correct plugin, you can choose any key) OK is pressed, change movement to 5 frequency and 6 fast, and turn all to normal when Ok isn't pressed"

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried a conditional for that. If Button [Shift] Is pressed down set movement route player speed 6, else player speed 4. My issue is that my shift button is my Tool-use button, so it doesn't seem to register as "Shift/Dash".

Another issue, which I wasn't able to test, is that if you were to have the player speed increased to 6 while holding down the button and you stepped on an event would it stay at 6 for the event/remainder of the game? Sadly it's not a parallel process, so I think it would. My tools run common events when used.

I was actually considering a top-down-Zelda-style dash instead to solve the problem, I just need a nice way to move-route it. Also I have no idea how to incur a cooldown.

A demonstration of my tools so far:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123