Sprite Animation Help

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by DeathByGames, Jun 7, 2017.

1. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    (Ok, I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct area, but I believe I am so sorry in advance.)

My problem lies with the script I'm using. I am using Galv's Character Animations script which can be found here.
    The script uses the different charsets in RPG Maker VX's sprites to have different animations for the player. The only problem is I am using large sprites, meaning each sprite has it's own sheet and there aren't multiple charsets per spritesheet.

I would still like to use the script, so is there anyway I can modify the script to fit what I need? Is there a way I can setup my sprites for this to work? Is there another script that covers this?

Here's the type of sprites I'm trying to make this work with:
    $[VX-XP]-delynn.png
    The script uses this as the idle animation sprite, but when I walk or dash it uses no sprite and the player becomes invisible.

Help!

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Scripts' is for posting scripts you have written which you want to share with the community.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

However, you don't need to do anything with the script. Sprite sheets can be any size you like, and there is no need to have separate sprite sheets for each one just because they are bigger than the default.

Make new sprite sheets big enough to take the usual 8 characters at the size you are using, put your individual ones onto such a sheet, and you should be good to go.

3. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The instructions say it uses position 0, 1 and 2. This means from the character sprite sheet
    0 1 2 3
    4 5 6 7
    you have to have more sprites for those places. Use the built in sprite sheet to see the effect. actor1
    The image you provided is position 0 and that's it.
    Following the full sprite sheet format, if you had you extra characters positioned in the same image file then it should work. 0 1 2
    I don't believe you need to use a $ in front of the image to make it work for larger sprites; or you could try it.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I never used this.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Roninator2 you are right, you don't use the $ sign for full character sheets, it is specifically and only for individual character sheets so that the engine can recognise it for what it is.

5. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes it worked!

The problem lied with the multiple charsets, as I didn't know you could have multiple for large sprites!

Thanks so much!