DeathByGames

Swaggy Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(Ok, I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct area, but I believe I am so sorry in advance.)

My problem lies with the script I'm using. I am using Galv's Character Animations script which can be found here.
The script uses the different charsets in RPG Maker VX's sprites to have different animations for the player. The only problem is I am using large sprites, meaning each sprite has it's own sheet and there aren't multiple charsets per spritesheet.

I would still like to use the script, so is there anyway I can modify the script to fit what I need? Is there a way I can setup my sprites for this to work? Is there another script that covers this?

Here's the type of sprites I'm trying to make this work with:
$[VX-XP]-delynn.png
The script uses this as the idle animation sprite, but when I walk or dash it uses no sprite and the player becomes invisible.

Help!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Scripts' is for posting scripts you have written which you want to share with the community.

[move]RGSSx Script Support[/move]

However, you don't need to do anything with the script. Sprite sheets can be any size you like, and there is no need to have separate sprite sheets for each one just because they are bigger than the default.

Make new sprite sheets big enough to take the usual 8 characters at the size you are using, put your individual ones onto such a sheet, and you should be good to go.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The instructions say it uses position 0, 1 and 2. This means from the character sprite sheet
0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
you have to have more sprites for those places. Use the built in sprite sheet to see the effect. actor1
The image you provided is position 0 and that's it.
Following the full sprite sheet format, if you had you extra characters positioned in the same image file then it should work. 0 1 2
I don't believe you need to use a $ in front of the image to make it work for larger sprites; or you could try it.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I never used this.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 you are right, you don't use the $ sign for full character sheets, it is specifically and only for individual character sheets so that the engine can recognise it for what it is.

DeathByGames

Swaggy Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes it worked!

The problem lied with the multiple charsets, as I didn't know you could have multiple for large sprites!

Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eillajones309