Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I want to know what script call i could use to permanently change an actor Sprite midgame. I have a script that does that, but its not mantaining the sprite in the map scene probably because of Neon Black Large Sprite Fix. The sprite reverts to what it was.

I hope a script call can achieve the sprite and face change midgame, but here are the scripts i told just in case:

Tsukihime Class Graphics:

http://himeworks.com/redirect.php?type=script&name=Class_Graphics

Neon Black's Large Sprite Display Fix:

http://pastebin.com/Sh45J9C7#

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you looked at the Change Actor Graphic command? Allows you to permanently set an actor to use a different sprite and faceset. Though you'll need a script to USE the new faceset in message boxes - one that looks at the actor to see what face it currently uses:

Code:
class Window_Base < Window  alias shaz_ffa_convert_escape_characters convert_escape_characters  def convert_escape_characters(text)    result = shaz_ffa_convert_escape_characters(text)    result.gsub!(/\eF\[(\d+)\]/i) {      $game_message.face_name = $game_actors[$1.to_i].face_name      $game_message.face_index = $game_actors[$1.to_i].face_index      ''    }    result  endend
Putting \F[5] in the text box will make it use Actor 5's current face, which is handy when you change the face mid-game and don't want to "hard code" what face to use in the message box.

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello Shaz,

Yeah unfortunatelly i tryed to change the actor graphics inside the move route option. I am also using Tsukihime class changing and Class graphics, because the sprite change happens when the player changes classes midgame. Those scriptd also supports notetags to "permanently" change the faces, even inside menus.

What's happening is that the actor sprite is changing, but after a few steps it returns to the original actor sprite without further notice. There are no pattern of how many steps it takes, or if he crosses a star tile...

But i am sure it might be happening because i am using scripts that affects the sprite movements and graphics (multiframe, Iso, running, etc.).

I thought the script calls or the change actor graphic commands were "superficial", because one of my scripts is updating the sprite to whats set in the database. So i think there are 02 solutions.

1) A "magical" script call that permanently alters an actor ID sprite, even if there are scripts trying to update it from the database (Harsh)

2) Hunt for the script thats causing this, which i will do in this weekend by disabling every scrip tha affects sprites in scene_Map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't say inside the move route option (and that option is NOT Change Actor Graphic anyway). In fact the move route option is only temporary. The moment you save the game then reload it will be back to the default.

Look for the Change Actor Graphic command in the main event command list.

Sounds like you have too many scripts that are conflicting with each other. In that case, yes, you do have to hunt for the ones that are causing problems and THEN you have to decide what to do about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS