Sprite disappearing when changing to damaged [MV]

MechaDokk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello I seem to running into a problem where when I try to change a characters sprite to their damaged version they disappear. Yes I have Direction Fix on.Screenshot (6).png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace, MV and MZ (and probably VX) did a not-so-lovely thing in that when you change event pages, the facing direction on the new page is not always obeyed - it depends on what the default direction was on the prior page, and whether the event is still facing that default direction.

If your NPC is facing right when the event page changes, try putting your down pose on the same row of the character sheet (the one that would be facing right if it were a full character - which I THINK is the second row). If this doesn't work, try putting the down pose on the top row.

Personally I have just overridden that bit of code to do the same thing XP always did - if your event page says the character is facing down, then the character is facing down, no matter what page was active previously or what direction it was facing before this page became active.

MechaDokk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace, MV and MZ (and probably VX) did a not-so-lovely thing in that when you change event pages, the facing direction on the new page is not always obeyed - it depends on what the default direction was on the prior page, and whether the event is still facing that default direction.

If your NPC is facing right when the event page changes, try putting your down pose on the same row of the character sheet (the one that would be facing right if it were a full character - which I THINK is the second row). If this doesn't work, try putting the down pose on the top row.

Personally I have just overridden that bit of code to do the same thing XP always did - if your event page says the character is facing down, then the character is facing down, no matter what page was active previously or what direction it was facing before this page became active.
Thank you, it worked!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlolanNinetales