Sprite equiped Check

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies, I'm sure this has been answered before. I am not a coder, I do the art but until I get a coder I'm handling that too.

I've made a few outfit variants for the player. A variant for each slot so far. I attempted to use common events to switch the sprite based on equip. It works on some of the variants but not all. Does anyone know a better way to do this, I asked in another forum and they said all you need to do is write a script. That's not something I understand, it may be the smartest way to handle most things but again I'm not a coder so it's falling on deaf ears.
example.png

Yegitu

artistic goofball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game, I'm using Yanfly's Utility Commonevents
Every time the menu closes it goes through my common event, one like you have there, and changes the sprite of my lead-actor.
What do you mean it doesn't work with all the variants?

How I do it is pretty much the same, just without the parallel event, I don't want there to be lag. But it works fine for me.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is also SRD_DynamicActor, whenever it has a new cloth, it changes the graphic on the fly.
if you use custom faces, than, event is a way like Yegitu says.

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is also SRD_DynamicActor, whenever it has a new cloth, it changes the graphic on the fly.
if you use custom faces, than, event is a way like Yegitu says.
That sounds way nicer than how I've done it so far. I'll give it a look thank you!

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game, I'm using Yanfly's Utility Commonevents
Every time the menu closes it goes through my common event, one like you have there, and changes the sprite of my lead-actor.
What do you mean it doesn't work with all the variants?

How I do it is pretty much the same, just without the parallel event, I don't want there to be lag. But it works fine for me.
Maybe I just have the if statements laid out poorly or something. I'll give that plugin a look to see if it helps. Thank you for responding!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rexiipher