First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Character Sprite

Maker Format: VX Ace

Art Style: Mack

Description:
If he's a side character he's great. If he's a main character, you should probably add a little more variety of color to make him more visually interesting.
I can edit things and even make minor changes. This seems beyond me... So I have come to ask the help of the more experienced Pixel Artists to see if they can help make the following sprite more visually interesting. The original character sprite used was "Brian" from 2k3. I have included the 2k3 Picture. Please keep in mind that this isn't necessarily a full sprite job. I just need the touch up (maybe the white or gold inlay in the armor) to make him more visually appealing as you will look at this Sprite for half the game (and have the option later to change his look).

$duranework.png

Armored Male on the Left

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started working on this. Is this enough enhancement or is there something specific else you'd like?

arc.png

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. Loads better already. If you are willing to do anymore I'd only ask for the shoulder pads or the chest to be accented as well!

However I would be absolutely satisfied with just that!

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking the chest needed something else anyway, just wasn't sure what and wanted to see if I was on the right track. :D

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan Definitely on the right track then. Thank you for the help. I eagerly await to see the final edits!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thoughts? I'm not 100% sure, but if it suits you, I'll finish out the rest.

arc2.png

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks fantastic. Night to day improvement over the original! Please finish out the rest if you will!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FuegoAhegao