Sprite Might Assets - RPG Maker 2003

Discussion in 'RM2k/3 Resources' started by spritemight, Mar 25, 2017.

1. spritemight

spritemight Donut Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Sprite Might!
    All assets in this thread are for RPG Maker 2003!

Please see below for the 'Sprite Might Asset Usage Guide' .

It has all the information you'll want to know about before using any of the work in this thread.
    I have also sorted each asset into their respective categories, and will be updating as more graphics and other artwork are created for the library.​

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sprite Might Asset Usage Guide

1) Are all the graphics and assets in this thread free?
    A: Absolutely! They are both 'royalty' free and 'monetarily' free.

2) Can I alter graphics and assets for my project?
    A: Yep! I made them specifically to be altered and used in anyone's project. These are all made completely from scratch. I only ask that you not claim the original artwork, designs, or any assets created by me as your own. If you do alterations and want to say it's yours I tend to not care too much, unless it's REALLY obvious that it's just a recolor or 'frankenstein-ed' asset.
    3) Do I have to give credit when using assets from Sprite Might?
    A: Nope! But it's always greatly appreciated if you do! :)

4) Do you take requests to do specific sets?
    A: Unfortunately, not right at this moment. But I tend to read or take note of comments regarding assets people say they need.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sprite Might Asset Library

Sprite Might Characters - RPG Maker 2003 Walk Cycles
    (Previews are 300% bigger to show off the details.)​
    - Basic 3x4 Frame Animations
    - Characters are 24 x 32 Pixels​

Asset Previews
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sprite Might Props/Icons - RPG Maker 2003
    - Includes Assorted Blank Bottles and Miscellaneous Accessories
    - Larger Sprites are 64x64 Pixels
    - Smaller Sprites are 24x24 Pixels
    Asset Previews
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sprite Might Asset Library - INDIVIDUAL FILES DOWNLOAD LIST
    *You can download the individual zip files and 'READY-MADE' assets here.*

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Leon Kennedy, Leanne, Tetsune and 7 others like this.
  2. RocketKnight

RocketKnight Broke with expansive taste Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Amazing was always

spritemight likes this.
  3. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @RocketKnight
    Yay!! Thanks so much! Updates like this always take me a long time because of all the back-end set up. So, I'm happy when it all comes together!
    P.S. I'm working on your car at the moment! Yay!! I want to see if I can finish it this week.

RocketKnight likes this.
  4. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hey there everyone!!

It has been quite a while since I've had a chance to post anything to my asset threads. With my advancing pregnancy, it has been challenging to keep a consistent art schedule, but I will keep chugging along!:kaophew:

I posted these guys into my RPG Maker XP thread as well, since the bottle icons and images can be used for both! Have fun!

New update! :kaopride:
    Sprite Might - Icons/Props - Bottles 01
    [​IMG]

starlight dream likes this.
  5. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hey there, everyone! It's been quite awhile since I've last updated this thread. My baby was born a few weeks ago, and she's a happy little bundle of chubs and joy! Super happy, and super tired!

A few updates!!
    I noticed that a bunch of my links have been broken due to my host site changing some of their parameters. I'll be updating and fixing any of the broken links this week, as well as updating the thread with some new assets. :kaopride:

I also noticed a slight mistake in my RPG Maker 2003 walk cycles. The left side and right side animation for each walk cycle was moved up by one pixel. This makes the character slightly 'pop' when they turn to the side. It's not too noticeable, but it bugged me so I went in and fixed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I just need to upload them to all my sites now. In the meantime, if you downloaded the old files it's a simple edit if you don't want to wait.

January 2018 will be RPG Maker 2003 Month! (I update at the end of the month. Thanks everyone!)

6. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    OKAY!!! I am WAY late with this update, and would have been later if my husband hadn't dragged me away from Photoshop. I was like, "It's JUST NOT ENOUGH!" and he was like, "JUST POST SOMETHING!" and then he fed me chocolate pretzels and iced tea. I have a bad habit of wanting to post BIG sets, and so sometimes I'll be done with a bunch of sprites by the deadline, but not enough to fill my original PERSONAL goal. I think I'll do small batches to keep myself from going insane in the future. (Also, I ended up crashing for 4 days because the baby is going through a growth spurt and is FUUUU~SSY!! *sob *twitch)

So! I compromised! Here are SOME of the finished sprites that I made. They are icons that you can use in the game. I know that 2003 doesn't have an actual icon system but you can use these as 'pictures', like when a character opens a chest or something. Get creative!

I'll also be posting these guys to my RPG Maker XP thread. Oh yeah! And please let me know if there are some icons you guys would like to see more of! I'll keep it in mind while I'm doing my sets.

(The larger version is 300x the original size so you can see the details more clearly.) Icons are 16 bit at 24x24 pixels large.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awrighty!! These are the ones that I was comfy showing so far. I have quite a few more that are almost complete! Will keep you all posted!

starlight dream and callmedan like this.
  7. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :MV2: good job.

spritemight likes this.
  8. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Leon Kennedy
    Thanks! Your work is really awesome too! I really love the cars! (Which reminds me that I have to finish a car sprite for a friend.) Any suggestions for some sprites you'd like to see more of?

9. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm not sure, I think 2k3 is in need of a lot of sprites unless I'm wrong. Just go with your gut or look at some vx-vxa-mv sprites for some inspiration :MV2:

spritemight and RocketKnight like this.
  10. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Leon Kennedy
    Yeah, 2003 was pretty much my first ever RPG Maker on the PC, and I have a soft spot for it. So, I am surprised that there aren't that many resources available after all these years. Guess, I'll just continue on with what I had originally planned. I want to make at least one resource for each asset folder in 2003 and XP. But please, do let me know if you have any ideas later on down the road!:kaojoy:

starlight dream likes this.
  11. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi! I love your new update and all your pixel work in general, it's very high quality and inspiring. Your sprite style in beautiful too.
    I have a soft spot for 2003 too so I'm happy to see its resources multiplying ^.^b

If I have any icon ideas I'll let you know, but anything you feel like making will be welcomed. Congrats on the baby and enjoy helping it grow into a bigger template :p

Take time for yourself too :kaoluv: you deserve it. Even "small" updates here, bring big joy! Thanks

spritemight and Leon Kennedy like this.
  12. spritemight

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @starlight dream
    Thank you! The baby is healthy and happy, and I'm really fascinated with watching her grow. In just 2 months she's so much bigger than when she was first born! I'm like "WOOOO-AH!" when I look at how chubby she is in comparison to her first days. She's even more vocal too! It's funny because now I just SEE babies EVERYWHERE! Just like how you see pregnant women everywhere when you're pregnant. That whole 'in-tuned' to a certain thing syndrome.:kaoluv:

It really does make me happy when people like the stuff that I make! I can't help but secretly preen.:kaothx: It really does help keep me motivated and wanting to create more. I certainly need it with everything going on! Hahah! I will definitely keep them coming!

I actually want to do a tutorial next on 16-bit asset creation. When I first made my 4 boys, 4 girls characters, I didn't make them with any color limitations in mind. I didn't think much about it at the time; just wanted to make the sprites as pretty as possible. But now that I think about it, as an asset someone else might use, THEY might have system limitations. (Or just personal limitations - pixel 'purest' types) So after some research I found a really cool technique on a FF6 fan site to turn higher bit-color sprites into lower bit-sprites using Photoshop. I was so enthralled with the idea, that I tested it out on my character sprites immediately. I gotta say the results are AMAZING! A few tweeks here and there and you got yourself a 'within limitation' asset ready to go!

Will keep you guys posted! Thanks again!