Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello~

My question is,

is there a program out there where I can draw the different frames of a character, while it gives me a preview of how it looks moving?

I'm not looking for a character generator, I want to draw myself, I just want a program or way in which I can draw and preview at the same time, to speed up the drawing process.

I'm aiming to avoid having to save, open rpg maker program, move/battle and watch. That would take too much time.

Something like this:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/5525-game-character-hub-powerful-chara-maker-for-rpg-maker-xp-vx-ace/

but that actually lets me draw myself.

If such program doesn't exist, I'll stick to templates, along with any advice you can give me o;

Thank You In Advance~

ImmortalDreams

Reality's Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I make my own sprites, which isn't very often, I use the sprite editor in Game Maker. I use the paid version, but there's a more limited free version too. If you don't mind lacking game features and some image options, it's great for making sprites. It has a built in previewer, but you would have to save the frame you're working on to see the change. It's much faster than most other things, though.

Here's a link: http://yoyogames.com/studio

Grayborders

Maniac, Lunatic, Crazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Well an easy way is to just use layers, that's how I do it anyway, almost every single drawing program have layers(if you don  have PS) have the frames right on top of each other and just turn the layers on quick. I know its a ghetto way, but if you have an eye for animation you can see what's up by just topping the frames on one another.

Its preferable to draw the next frame while having the last on low opacity under it, that's basically what "onion skinning" dose in other more animation based programs.

I personally animate the old school way, paper and all :D

(than again its only cause I hate my bamboo tablet now)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nagomuyutori