PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I fixed the tiles in the original. Now there's another thing I need to know, what should be the size of these corners here.Yuriko - RPG Maker MV 6_12_2020 2_05_36 PM.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you make the autotile? That looks as if you did not follow the requirements of the autotile structure.

There are six different tilesheet formats, and each tilesheet can only hold specific tiles in specific positions. Some autotiles are 96x96 pixel, other autotiles are 96x144 pixel and there are still other sizes depending on where you want to place which tile - you have to follow the specifications exactly.

part of this you can find in the helpfile, but if you go to the official blog there is a tutorial "anatomy of an autotile" that should also help.

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you make the autotile? That looks as if you did not follow the requirements of the autotile structure.

There are six different tilesheet formats, and each tilesheet can only hold specific tiles in specific positions. Some autotiles are 96x96 pixel, other autotiles are 96x144 pixel and there are still other sizes depending on where you want to place which tile - you have to follow the specifications exactly.

part of this you can find in the helpfile, but if you go to the official blog there is a tutorial "anatomy of an autotile" that should also help.
Oh! the tile set looks like this. It used to look like something else back then, but it still didn't work.
TilesetHokkairu5C.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV can't use incomplete tilesheets, and as I said it is important WHERE on the tilesheet the tile is placed.
Let's just look at the A4 format as an example. That consists of three double rows of tiles, each consisting of one 96x144 pixel tile in the top row and one 96x96 pixel tile in the second row.
And it is absolutely impossible to place a 96x144 pixel tile in the second row, that will not work.

So where exactly have you placed that single tile? Please specify which tilesheet format and which position inside that tilesheet.

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here's a complete tilesheet.
A_Outside1_A2.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would really help if you give more descriptions.
It looks like you placed the tile correctly on the tilesheet, so that means it's most likely a problem of the tile structure itself.
That is not something I can check by looking at it - have you read the tutorial "anatomy of an autotile" I referred you above? Are all twenty quartertiles of that structure made exactly to fit?
Because an autotile is not simply a large tile, you have to construct each of its tiny parts.

And it would help if you could tell us exactly what you want and expect to happen with the tile and where it goes wrong.

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would really help if you give more descriptions.
It looks like you placed the tile correctly on the tilesheet, so that means it's most likely a problem of the tile structure itself.
That is not something I can check by looking at it - have you read the tutorial "anatomy of an autotile" I referred you above? Are all twenty quartertiles of that structure made exactly to fit?
Because an autotile is not simply a large tile, you have to construct each of its tiny parts.

And it would help if you could tell us exactly what you want and expect to happen with the tile and where it goes wrong.
This is what I'm asking to be fixed how the problem is I can't explain it because I don't know why this happensYuriko - RPG Maker MV 6_8_2020 10_30_46 AM.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah ... what exactly is happening that's wrong? What are you expecting to happen?

Perhaps if you had a lighter-coloured tile that you could demonstrate with, it might make it more obvious. I'm not seeing anything wrong here, and it might be because it's so incredibly dark.

RachelCantFocus

Bad art, Worse ideas.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here's a complete tilesheet.
View attachment 147002
If this is the file you have exactly it might be too small? I believe it's supposed to be formated 8 X 5 tilesets. whereas based on this picture yours is 6 X 1 tilesets(i don't know actual terms so I hope this is making sense)Although I don't know too much about auto title(try to avoid it when possible)so I might be wrong.

Try either making the file bigger so it is 8 X 5 or you can do what I usually do and just use the existing RPG make tileset as a template and paste your tiles over the existing ones.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
based on this picture yours is 6 X 1 tilesets
That's only because you're looking at it on screen. I opened it in an image editing program, and it's the correct size. You just can't see it because the rest is transparent.

RachelCantFocus

Bad art, Worse ideas.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's only because you're looking at it on screen. I opened it in an image editing program, and it's the correct size. You just can't see it because the rest is transparent.
Ah Okay, worth a shot. I'm out of ideas lol.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I can see what is wrong - the lines don’t extend through? It looks like it may be drawing part of the tile on the far right?

I’m not on my computer at the moment so I can’t look into it much more than that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I can see what is wrong - the lines don’t extend through?
then the cause is most likely what I told the OP two times already - the autotile's quarters are not constructed correctly.

@PsychoJack have you read the tutorial "anatomy of an autotile" in the official blog?
Because an autotile is NOT a simple large tile, you need to split the tile into quartertiles and construct the twenty different quartertiles before re-combining them into an autotile.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar As I said I’m on my phone at the moment so I cannot look closely at the tiles to see what exactly is wrong with them. I was simply trying to point out what was wrong, as others such as Shaz, said they could not see the issue and thought that might help troubleshoot. There was no need for you to call out my post as if I said something wrong.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was no need for you to call out my post as if I said something wrong.
That was never my intention - I quoted it as an example that others had the same idea as I had several posts above especially as the OP had ignored that post despite me referring him to that two times.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is from how the the black crosslines in the tiles fall. In this image, I color coded the tile to help show where the pieces are coming from when the editor puts them together.

1591724841089.png

If you zoom in, you can see that the top and bottom rows of your tile do not have the black line at the edge.
1591725177931.png

So what's happening here is that it is putting one of those top row tile pieces and bottom row tile pieces together, neither of which has the black line to separate them.
1591725326012.png

You need to make sure that you have that black line on the top or bottom edges. You also have some other alignment issues, where the black lines do not meet up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Ok i got the model New and I will develop a little more, I think my SV is not beautiful yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanMillerPlays