Roulette Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello!

I would like to say in advance to the admins, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

I am looking for a program to create or design monsters and characters for my game. I am using VXACE. If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. Sorry if this has been asked before as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you looking for a generator or for an image program?

most artists use programs like Photoshop for this, but that requires you to be an artist.

if you want a generator you're much more limited.

RouletteBunnie

Roulette Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
are you looking for a generator or for an image program?

most artists use programs like Photoshop for this, but that requires you to be an artist.

if you want a generator you're much more limited.
I would say generator since I am not that crafty.

Mike-Turtle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you looking to create battlers? or map sprites? Either way a program to just create them is going to be difficult to find. The built in MV/Z generator makes battlers and map sprites, although they can look a little generic and you have to like/want that style.

You might want to try https://www.artbreeder.com/ - It's an AI art generator which I've had some luck making fun things playing around with it. You might also want to search Steam and Itch for generators as I've definitely seen a few.

Your best bet is to get a pixel drawing program (I use Pyxel Edit) and just start drawing stuff. I bet you'll be surprised how easy it is.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinyas