Sprite sheet flashes when loading character image

pmcdaniel15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not sure whats going on. It's quite bizzare. I didn't always have this problem it seems to have appeared recently.

Basically, whenever I change a character image or have a character appear on screen (ie not starting on screen), the entire sprite sheet with all 96 images in that same pattern will load for just a millisecond and flash where the character image is.

No idea what is causing this. Anyone encounter something similar? Its very frustrating.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is strange. Did you acquire a new plugin around the time this started?

pmcdaniel15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
That is strange. Did you acquire a new plugin around the time this started?
Not that I can think of. I have experimented with turning certain plug ins off. Nothing seems to fix it.

I'll admit that ever since I upgraded to the latest version of MV, I've had a lot of weirdness. I cannot test a battle in the troop tab for example. It also crashes frequently and causes everything to close. This happens probably once every 90 minutes.

I'm really hesitant to change anything because the game I've been working on for the last couple of years is pretty much done. Just doing some bug fixes on a play through. I'm just paranoid that I'll accident delete everything...

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks! I'll keep messing with the plugins

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this happen in a new project with no plugins?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you’ve made a back up before you do anything crazy. First test a blank project like mlogan said. If it doesn’t occur there, you can be pretty sure it’s a plugin. Next turn off your plugins one by one and test. Once you’ve found the problem plugin, try moving it around in the load order. If that yields no results I would ask if you’ve made any edits to any of the core JavaScript files?

pmcdaniel15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does this happen in a new project with no plugins?
So its harder to test this than it should be, but the short answer is Yes it appears to still happen. I started a new project and loaded one of the maps this occurs on. I had to load those images as well with the associated Map in order to get it to run properly. I had the same problem with no plug ins except for one (and I wonder if this is the problem plugin) - the OuterSelfSwitch plug in - if you guys are familar. I had to keep that plug in order to test the map properly. The problem seems to occur when I change the image of an event using outer switches. Although I guess I can't say for sure.
Make sure you’ve made a back up before you do anything crazy. First test a blank project like mlogan said. If it doesn’t occur there, you can be pretty sure it’s a plugin. Next turn off your plugins one by one and test. Once you’ve found the problem plugin, try moving it around in the load order. If that yields no results I would ask if you’ve made any edits to any of the core JavaScript files?
I have not made any changes to Javascript as far as I know.

Im strongly thinking about downgrading RPG maker MV back to its previous version 1.5 I think?

Theres also a part of me that is hopeful that this is just some weird bug with playtesting that won't actually occur once I actually export my game...but maybe thats wishful thinking...

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m pretty sure the newest mv update only effected the Japanese version of the engine. I doubt downgrading will help you. I was actually going to suggest exporting your game. I’d give that a shot.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know you've been working on RPGMaker for a while when you go to move your projects to a 16 GB USB drive and get told not enough space to do this operation.
The latest post on TheDazzlingsAreBack...
besides itch and occasionally here where are people doing game jams at y'all? (plz do not cross reference this with my previous status lol)
Go out all day!
★No work★
Just want to sleep when I get home Zzzzz
just went through 50 issues of Fables, only to left kind of disappointed by it, I guess I have to wait for season 2 of TWAU instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arcanjo