Sprite Size

Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been going through some of the tutorials for RPG Maker MV and the map sprites are not a size i would prefer. They're what I think of as mini - roughly as wide as they are tall. Is it possible to create sprites that are twice as tall as they are wide for this maker? I'm aiming for a similar aesthetic to something like FF VI as opposed to FF V - which is more what the spites are currently like.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Character sprites can be any size, they just need to be formatted onto a sheet properly. Each individual sprite is composed of 3 cells across and 4 down.

You will find a few different templates for taller sprites, such as those by hiddenone and Candacis (I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I know of off the top of my head).

One issue you can run into is collision issues so you will likely need a plugin to correct that.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a tutorial on this:

It's for VX Ace, but it's the same in MV.

Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poppiota