Sprite Switch

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Allright, I am making many sprites for one character. i have a few questions here. this is what i want - when you switch jobs(classes) the sprite of your character switches. lets say there are 4 jobs and 4 characters. when i switch a characters job it switches its sprite so it looks more fit for the chosen job.

1. whats the easiest way to do this while still maintaining the level of the character?

2. when you switch jobs does it change your level back to 1?

3. do you believe this is a good idea?

thanks,

noahjmina

Yuki Harada

Expert Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK. So what script are you using to change class?? Did you make a skill and a common event to change class, or are you using Yanfly's script????

For Yanfly's script, idk how because if you change it it would probably break unless you get some kinda professional in.

But, if you've just made a common event, then you can just go onto 'Set Move Route; Player, Graphic' then just change the graphic of the char. Hope this helped..!

Yuki

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
no i am not using yanfly's script. and i did not know u could change the sprite with set move route. thanks that did help

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you could do it a bit easier by just going to page three of the event commands and choosing "Change Actor Graphic".  That's how I managed to change the graphic for my customized starting character in a tutorial project I put up.

Easier than using constant move routes. ;)

EDIT: OH!  As for your other questions, I have another project I'm kinda doing the change of class and keeping the level the same.  I'm doing it MMO-style.  It's pretty easy:

Right before changing classes, set up a variable to hold your characters current level, have the NPC change their class (since it will take you to level 1) and then have your level be brought back to whatever is in the variable.  This way, it'll all be done without the players knowledge.  Also make sure to heal the players HP & MP.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well which would be easier with around 30 classes to choose from?

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This would easily be achieved in terms of eventing, it does not need any special script or whatsoever. If you make the conditions right and then have the command "Change Actor Graphic" to it, this would be achieved.

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well the only problem is that i litterally have 15+ jobs for each character.

also is there a way i can add a menu that u can open any time to change jobs

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I modified my post about character class changing.  I did this on another project I had started in Lite and it worked very well, however I can't really post it since it's a LOT of work.  Well, the way mine is set up it's a lot of work because I'm having 5 characters with two class changes from their primary (MMO-style) and all handled on the same NPC.

A little elbow grease can take you far, though.  Mostly just set up variables that get called to record the player's current level before the class change and then have the character's level changed back after the class has been changed, and heal.

EDIT:

Script.  Only real way for that is with sub-class scripts, but it doesn't change character graphics.  You'd have to have a script made for that, or have Yanfly's modified to do that (most mentioned script).

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
awesome thanks do you know anything about the compatibility with tankentai? 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't know, but the script doesn't change much so it should be compatible.

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
also how do i make something that i can change classes anytime whenever i want. im guessing it will involve a script so any ideas?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can have an item that calls a common event that will allow you to choose a new class to change to.

You'll have to figure out who the item will be used on though.

NoahJMina

RPG survivalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
thats what i was thinking however i think that would be kind of "unprofessional" (i cant think of a better word)

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well this could SIMPLY be achieved by common events. It doesn't matter if you have 15 jobs for one character. Then make 100 jobs in the classes tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeselerfinnole