Sprite_Battler alteration to stop semi transparency

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Holder, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Holder

Holder Loading... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm after a bit of help, I've set up a quick project using DerVVulfmans Animated Battlers script for RM XP, just for me to look at and test my battlers as I'm working on creating them.
    The problem isn't with DerVVulfmans Animated Battlers script, it's within the default Sprite_Battler. After a quick talk with DerVVulfman I removed lines 69 -71 but I'm still facing issues with the main party being semi transparent. The enemy is fine.

Only script that's in the project is AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive
    Since I only use this project for testing my battlers there won't be any additional scripts included in the future.

Is there a quick script I can place into this project to stop it or more alterations I can make to the default scripts to stop this happening?

Cheers in advance.

2. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Um, hey. Guess what?

Ya know the demo I made for the Holder Battlers? Not only does it have the default battlesystem as expected. But it also has the RTAB battlesystem. Do you know what cogwheel did with his system? He made his own alteration of the Sprite_Battler class......

.... and he also has an 'actor dimming' section just like the one I pointed out in the default battlesystem. DOH, I totally forgot that the Holder Demo includes RTAB and what he did.

You'll find the actor dimming section in the RTAB script at lines 3488 to 3492.

And like I said, my system doesn't alter or change built-in effects like that.

3. Holder

Holder Loading... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I didn’t want to keep pestering you with questions as I know further support can be a pain.
    Had no idea any of that was in there. I know yours doesn’t alter anything in there which is why I posted this.
    Literally the only process I use in a project is import and update resources, battle test. That’s it. So I have little knowledge of what is around and who else has made what.

4. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Don't worry. Minkoff made the original Animated Battlers and used RTAB to help promote it. Everyone thought for a year that he made RTAB. :p