Spriter Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by KanaX, Jan 24, 2018.

1. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Yeah i thought, thats be easier only to set up the motion and only play the animation at the moment where it be called in the sequence. So you dont have to make movement with the actor.
    And if an attack should hit more than one enemy so its easier to set it via the sequence. The dev have much more control about the actions and (mabye) following sequences.

Do you think you can add the projectiles in the sequences as well?

2. Krystek_My

Krystek_My Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can I make visual equipment with it?
    And can it work with YEP_ActionSequences Packs?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. KanaX

KanaX Just being a mouse Veteran

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @styx92 depends on how Yanfly's plugins work. I need to look into it more. Right now I'm more focused on making the plugin stand on its own.

@Krystek_My Yes, both in for battles and maps.

4. Krystek_My

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Again! Can I use custom equipment? (Not From MV Generator but made by me?)

5. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Of course!
    When I release the plugin with a test demo you will be able to see where and how to import your own graphics.

6. keizz

keizz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is great plugin, I have some many sprites for each characters but not same number, Can I use this plugin for this ?

7. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Of course!
    Well let me be more specific:

You say that you have many sprites for your characters, but not all your characters have the same number for sprites.
    Does that mean that some characters do more special movements than others?

If so, then if you can make sure that each character does only the movements they are supposed to, then everything will work fine!

8. DPortStudios

DPortStudios Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Yo Kana, you da best fa diss one. Honestly, I am hyped.

My needs: I don't like the default character set. I want to be able to import my own custom sprite GIF as the battler like, with its own animations, saved in Spriter Pro of course. You can set their default height but let me choose how big I want my battlers, for example, how about dials?

I make my sprites like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can import Gifs into SPriter Pro and I started using GDevelop the free MIT based Game Maker? Really powerful, really easy to get rough demos up. My need is this - Can I import my custom characters Idle, Attack, and SKill ANimations and overlay their FX over them? If I could still change weapons or poses or whatever due to what my equip status was that'd be allllll the sweeter. That's legitimately the only thing holding me back from going full frontal with my RPG Maker endeavors. So my hope is I'd have a dial you could select that could set my animation's size I.E 2x,3x,4x, ETC, Spriter does its coding compression, I get to have my custom character and sprites animate as I want outside of the program, and then manipulate how I want them to be inside it. Is that possible? I know its probably asking a lot but this is a feature I think would be HUGEEEEEE.

Thanks for hearing me out, good luck with the progress I'm eager to see what you decide regardless if you take my suggestion or not.

9. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @DPortStudios if you are asking about importing resources into GDevelop, then please be aware that we do not allow support for a non-RM engine.

10. DPortStudios

DPortStudios Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    No, I'm not. I just want RPG Maker to stop being so anti-gif. It's too much work to have to think out your animations, work on them, save them, tweak them, then have to resave them as a sprite sheet for RPG Maker MV format. Spriter Pro works similarly to how the Sprite and Animation editor in GDevelop works so I was hoping Kana's little plugin here could get us out of the dark ages.

11. Krystek_My

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How it's working?
    I have a question. Can I use same equipment on different genders?
    For example: Clothe for man that looks like armor but equiped on women will change into armor with dress. Can I do something with it?

12. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, Game_Actors do not really have a property for gender, so I did not exclusively think of automating a change like that. However, you can do it with manual scripting.

13. Krystek_My

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! Will be DragonBones version of it?

14. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Its a spriter pro plugin.
    Atm (without the battle scene "add on") i dont have any problems with both plugins. But if spriter also works on battle scenes.... i dont think that they are very compatible.

KanaX likes this.
  15. Krystek_My

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok. thanks.

16. Krystek_My

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! How is working? I have a question to you. Can I use it with Kylep Dragonbones? For example hero party are from spriter and enemy bad guy from Dragonbones.

17. Jehobith

Jehobith Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, This is a fantastic plugin. Could this work with Alpha ABS Plugin to show weapon animations directly on the map?

18. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Jehobith Well, this version of Spriter Plugin is for the game map. :) The really question is, why would you want specifically a weapon animation?

@Krystek_My Well, both work on different scenes so they shouldn't clash, or if they do, it's going to be an easy fix. You can either try to find out if they do let me know, or you can wait for the battle add-on which is coming.

EDIT: I say well a lot.

19. Jehobith

Jehobith Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KanaX because I want the character to show him swinging a sword, or pointing a gun in all 8 directional movements for the game map. If the character is facing down it would show the animation of the desired weapon facing the same direction. Attacking enemies directly on the game map would be boring without some sort of weapon animation. Or say I want the character to use a flamethrower with fire animation it will. Can this plugin implement this?

20. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh definitely. If you check the playlist in my youtube channel you can see that I assign weapons on my animations. In my upcoming version these weapons will change automatically depending on what you equip on your character. However, you might need to create multiple animations depending on the type of weapon you use (a dagger cannot have the same animation as a really heavy warhammer, or a projectile-shooting bow)

The important thing is for you to make a setup that plays an attacking animation each time you attack.