Spriter Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by KanaX, Jan 24, 2018.

1. KtheNerd

KtheNerd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I can't seem to download the demo....

2. Slight0

Slight0 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I was very excited to see this thread and a year later there's still no battler plugin? I was really hoping to use this.

3. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Considering the fact that it's not an easy plugin to make by any means, I can't really wonder, especially since the author makes it in their free time.

4. Honoo_NoAsa

Honoo_NoAsa Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello would like to make a few requests could add character customization and selective animation per entity present in the ".scml".To help I leave these concepts described:

In the custom part the game will read in the equipment the parts that are being read for example in the file the game read the sprite "shirt_torso_blue.png" and the command will say that this part should be read from the same folder and replaced by "shirt_torso_red. png ";
    "(command) (original) (replace)".

In the animation part, the game should read as "(command) (name of the animation being replaced, for example: 'stopped looking forward') (entity in the file, example: 'jack') (animation name saved in entity as jack)".

I have a bug when I do "new game" the following appears:
    "Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined"
    Before .scml had more than 4 removed the excess and went from "construct" to "entity" so I set up an entity with the spriter plugin and now this is it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  5. KanaX

KanaX Just being a mouse Veteran

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I would like to thank everyone for their patience and apologize for my long absence, I have to juggle several things at the same time.

This isn't Spriter Battle Addon yet, but here is yet another teaser with some of the results:

6. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking great, I've been trying to get sprites reformatted to use with your plugin, but I have a question. I have my footsteps coded in an event. Would it be possible to have the plugin able to run events and modify variables in the game while being capable of calling for data such as the event ID? I don't know if I am asking for too much, or if it is possible to do it already (I haven't found a way to, for now, the current way of playing sounds seem limited, as my footstep events plays a set of sounds randomly and depending on the region and material ID, it's a bit complex)

7. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am not sure if it's in on the current online version, but you can create script calls within the tags. Actually, let me upload core spriter real quick.

You need a tag like this:
    Code:
    script<console.log("Hello world")>
    where you enter your script line within the angle brackets. The tag should become inactive on the next frame for safety reasons.

Here you go. https://github.com/AlexanderKanakis/RPGMV/blob/master/Spriter.js

8. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ohh, with a quick check I saw it's an eval, I didn't think that'd work. Great! I suppose it should work when trying to retrieve data such as event id too, then. Thanks, I'll give it a try whenever I get my characters reformatted for Spriter!

There is another question I had... is there a way to make them act like "Pictures"? You know, to have animated portraits, and also have them not affected by things like lighting plugins. I know one of the people working on the Dragonbones implementation had something going, but I don't think he ever finished that feature.

9. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Doesn't seem that hard to make. I have already experimented with animated multidepth parallax backgrounds.

Pictures should be way easier.

EDIT: But to be frank, it's not a priority right now and it does require some amount of work.

10. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow that's looks amazing! I'll be looking forward to picture support, if you plan on adding them. The quality of dialogue with animated portraits would improve a lot, and close up high resolution cutscenes without having to use movies would be possible. I'm glad you're still working on the plugin!

11. Lulullia

Lulullia Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KanaX Wow thanks for this amazing plugin !
    Personally I'm planning to use DragonBones for battles and animated busts for dialogue, but I also want smooth animations for sprites and other things in maps, so this is just perfect ! I hope these two plugins won't cause issues together, because I want them both o-o

@Slight0 Well actually there is the DragonBones integration plugin that allows you to replace battlers, if you really want this feature^^

12. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wondered if it was possible to combine both. I like the idea of the spriter plugin getting battler support, but the DragonBones plugin has direct integration within Yanfly's action script, which at the same time has support for virtually unlimited animations with their own custom names... hrmmm...

13. Lulullia

Lulullia Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not too much into battle so even if I know about that Yanfly script I just don't know how it works (and even what it does haha) but I'm going to test if the DB plugin work with the Spriter one.
    Personally I prefer DragonBones since it's easier to setup in RMMV but it doesn't support sprites... So here I can do this and it's juste awesome :3

14. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wait, it wasn't "action script", my memory failed me, it's called "ActionSequence", there are tutorials and stuff, even YouTube videos explaining how it works (Yanfly's team made a basic tutorial about it, too). I recommend having a look, it can be pretty useful to spice up the battles a bit.

15. Lulullia

Lulullia Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I knew it^^
    I'm not interested into battle, I'm going to make an adventure game with a really few number of battles (maybe not at all).
    DrabonBones battlers will do the trick ;)

16. snakehong

snakehong A cat with lots of questions Veteran

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The plug-in of this post is fantastic!!! I have a question about it. -Can I add a plug-in only if I use a program called Dragonbone? -Can you increase the frame of the attack, skill, and death image in the action battle system? (actor,enemy)

17. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello, @snakehong! The overworld version of spriter plugin should work fine.

snakehong likes this.
  18. snakehong

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your reply. Can I image attack frames separately in Overworld? If possible, is it possible to express it in centim,photoshop without using the sprayer tool?

19. KanaX

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No, sorry, you need to create a spriter save file to run the animation. I am not sure what you mean by frames.

20. snakehong

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your answer! The frame I am talking about is character motion. RPG MV's default character behavior is 3x4 and attack action is less than or equal to 3. Suppose you have a pixel character. Its required basic actions are Front 3, Right 3, Left 3, and Back 3. But I want them to do more. (including diagonal motion images) I want the character image to do more of the action, the attack, the enemy movement, the enemy attack, the attack.

Last edited: May 17, 2019