Spriter Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by KanaX, Jan 24, 2018.

1. KanaX

KanaX Just being a mouse Veteran

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I see. The whole point of the plugin is to make frame limitations obsolete. Each animation is as many frames as you make it out to be in Spriter. For example, the typical walk animation I use for my characters are between 200-400 frames.

2. snakehong

snakehong A cat with lots of questions Veteran

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your answer is sunshine to me.

Thank you!

3. Lulullia

Lulullia Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey !
    I just finished testing combatibility between Spriter plugin and DragonBones plugin... And it works perfectly !
    We can :
    - Have a Spriter sprite for the player while showing DragonBones skeletal animation on map.
    - Have an actor that have notetags for both Spriter sprite and DragonBones battler.

Well I think this is all we want x)

@KanaX However I noticed a strange thing : the plugin in the demo isn't the same as the one on GitHub. Maybe I have an earlier version of the demo but the plugin version seems to be the same--the GitHub one just have one more parameter. Plus the plugin on GitHub doesn't event show the sprite and is buggy, while the demo plugin works perfectly.

(and sorry if there is any grammar mistake, english is just a language I gathered from wandering in the internet)

4. snakehong

snakehong A cat with lots of questions Veteran

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I missed one thing. I want to know. Are there any limits to the pixel parts created in the sprinter tool?
    In other words, the pixel applied skeleton in the spriter tool is carved into several parts. Pixels in multiple areas are stored in a folder according to the instructions in the plugin. Is it possible to increase the number of pixels at this point?

[[[ex]]] - chest, belly, arm, leg, ankle, head, neck, wrist, etc.

5. exel.exe

exel.exe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    español
    help please! i use 1.6.2 and cant open the demo it crashes at the very start, with this msg " uncaught Type Error: cannot read property "document element" of null its my version the problem?

6. RogerG

RogerG Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm having the exact same problem, but ONLY on my Google Drive version, which is the same as my PC version, which works perfectly :s
    Can someone help? (1.6.2 version)

7. RogerG

RogerG Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Also, how do I make the animations go faster when I'm running, like the demo?
    Edit: Sorry, I don't know how to delete this post

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

RogerG, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something to your post, please use the 'Edit' button to do so.

9. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I finally was able to do a test run of the plugin. Unfortunately, I keep bumping into this error:
    Code:
    character.actor is not a function
    Is it strict on the path structure? Say, I want to have the images depending on the bodyparts, not on the direction. For example, have it structured on the folders:
    - arms
    - - arms_south
    - - arms_north
    - - arms_east
    - - arms_west
    - legs (same subfolders)
    - torso (etc etc)
    - head (etc etc)

Is that possible or do I need to strictly follow the 1, 2, 3, 4 folder structure for each direction?

[EDIT] I tried using the version included in the demo, and it gives me a different error:
    Code:
    Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined
    Looking back on the thread, seems like there's someone else who also gets the issue. I'll keep looking and I'll let you know if I find anything

[EDIT 2] Looks like I also had to add the following:
    Code:
    <_spriteMask:false>
    <_spriteMaskX:0>
    <_spriteMaskY:24>
    <_spriteMaskW:32>
    <_spriteMaskH:48>
    After adding this, it doesn't seem to crash anymore. I still have to adjust the parts so it doesn't look like a pile of pieces but it's something to work on!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. asim

asim Curufea Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. Bearto

Bearto Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, does anyone know how to combine this plugin with pixel movement, 8 directional movement, and free jumping?

I've tried a few different plugins for that (Altimit, Galvs, ZE Free Jump), although the movement itself could work, it also need a script to refer the Spriter animation.

Basically I'm trying to make a game where the character can move as freely as possible with as much animation variation I can make (ex: diagonal, jumping, climbing, swimming, etc). I could think of a few ways to do that with the standard frame by frame animation, but if I could utilize this plugin instead it would be so much better and easier to do.

I know most of the time a complicated setup like this need some scripting knowledge and mine is very limited and basic, so I couldn't possibly write it on my own. Any kind of help will be very much appreciated.