Sprites (Events) With Weapons?

EclipseVRP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I may be posting this on the wrong Forum since I couldn't find a RPG Maker MV Forum, but I'll be posting it here in hopes that someone could help.

So, to put what I'm asking for in simple words, I would like to know if there is a way for me to have Events to hold Weapons. I know there are some Plugins that allow Sprites to use Weapons and change them in a Battle Menu, but I'm talking about Events. A little context:

So, I'm having a war between two nations, and for this to look good, I'm having two Sprites (Events) of each side face to face on the field. I set them to have a Walking/Stepping Animation and Looped them to have them "Hit" each other with Animations, where a Balloon Icon follows after, then waits for 150 Frames before repeating the Loop. While the Player Walks through the Map, these Sprites (Events) will be doing what I said in the background.

Then I had a thought, "This would be better if these Sprites (Events) can hold Weapons."

And that's where this forum comes in. I don't see a Script, Plugin or MV Option that allows me to give a Sprite (Event) a Weapon. Is there any way possible? I'd appreciate any help that comes my way, thank you. If anything is needed to help answer my Forum, I'll gladly comply.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the best way to hold weapons to npc events, is to adjust them.
like you have a walking character, you basicly add the weapon to it so its holding one or slash with it.

that is the very basic of holding events weapons.

Eclipse-Kat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the best way to hold weapons to npc events, is to adjust them.
like you have a walking character, you basicly add the weapon to it so its holding one or slash with it.

that is the very basic of holding events weapons.
If it's not too much trouble, can you list steps on adjusting them? I don't think I've ever done that, thank you.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
take a character sheet where you want to add weapons too,
take a weapon1, weapon2 etc and drag the weapon to the character itself.

for the up and down weapon, it might be adjusted created (which can be a bit more time.
if its only side wards (left and right) than weapon sheet is the easy part.

but it also really depends how you want to use the events?

own character with weapon, or 2 characters on 1 together (can or cannot interacted).
there are more ways, but here are some other advanced things you can do.

1) basic adjustedment like I said)

2) plugin use (idk if there is any) and using comment or notetag to add the weapon)

3) event it, can be done by using animation (this take more time, but when you do it nicely,
it can turn out perfectly in the way you want).

Now I got time, but I'm NOT good in making animations, I do minor changes on rtp and other
changes like recoloring, adding tiny stuff, not as major to make original tileset which I cant.

if you need help on any of those, I can do the basic one if you cant, otherwise, you need to request
some help with doing that if you want to go a bit advanced on how to do that exacly.

EclipseVRP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

for the up and down weapon, it might be adjusted created (which can be a bit more time.

own character with weapon, or 2 characters on 1 together (can or cannot interacted).

2) plugin use (idk if there is any) and using comment or notetag to add the weapon)

3) event it, can be done by using animation (this take more time, but when you do it nicely,

Now I got time, but I'm NOT good in making animations, I do minor changes on rtp and other
changes like recoloring, adding tiny stuff, not as major to make original tileset which I cant.

if you need help on any of those, I can do the basic one if you cant, otherwise, you need to request
some help with doing that if you want to go a bit advanced on how to do that exacly.
I'd appreciate anything you're able to send my way! The rest I can do on my own, thank you!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hoped you can started to try, buyt I can make a quick sample though.
give me a couple of minutes tomake a basic of it.

EDIT:
sample.gif (gif) this goes fast, but you can slower
sample.png (sample of 3 not fully character sheet)

it's just a quick sample of the basic you can use as event if you do it nicely.

Last edited:

EclipseVRP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'm sorry for replying pretty late, but you're losing me a bit. You said to grab a Character Sheet and grab a Weapon 1/2 and drag them to the Character. How do you do that?

How do you open a Character Sheet?
How do you get Weapons 1/2?
How do you drag Weapons to Character?

What I'm looking for is getting a plain Event, adding an image on it (For example, People 3, The Guard), then giving that event a Weapon.

Event Window.PNG

So for example, we have this empty Event Window with out Guard, side view.

Event.PNG

And here, we have the same Event, unchanged, on the Map without a Weapon. How would I add the Weapon to it?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like I said, open the character into photoshop, gimp or krita,
open weapons1 or weapons2 or any weapon you like to attached,
copy weapon to the character, add it, save the character,

at this point you have a character holding a weapon in 1, than use it as event.
like you have with that guard, check stepping and it keeps attacking.
you see a sample slashing to left, thats the idea of adding the weapon to the character.
than using events, which can or can't talk.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To clarify, in order to access the graphics files directly, you do it outside the app. Go into the folders on your computer containing the assets for the program. The img folder of your RPG Maker project folder will contain the graphics files - .png files that you can open in an editing program like photoshop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wanted to post a video of location i've finished but it doesn't work...
The game jam has done a lot of good in actually kicking my butt into action. I've even gotten over my crippling hatred of mapping thanks to it! :LZSexcite:

(Okay, there's also schoolwork forcing me to get on the computer, but I like to give credit where credit is due.)
Decided to start working on my second biome/area...

I'm sure I'll end up hating and changing things a whole lot over the next week. :LZSexcite:
Anyone who says anything "needs to tone down the swearing" has just instantly lost 90% of my respect, unless of course they're talking about like children's programming or a teacher or something.
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiive