Sprites Sizes

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I recently developed some sprites for RPG Maker MV and for some reason it only picks out little parts of my sprite. Does anyone know how to select different sizes? (These sprites are the same size as the other characters but it doesn’t work. I also want to know because I am currently designing a big monster and need to know for that too.)

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The sprite sheets are divided in 4 columns and 2 rows, making 8 spaces available (unless you put a $ prefix, then it'll be only one), of which each one is divided in 3 columns and 4 rows, making it 12 indexes (individual sprites). So basically, you can do any sprite size, as long as you multiply the dimensions accordingly. You can compare the $ files with no prefix ones to see.
In any case, would you care to show how is your current sprite?

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That makes sense. Here are the current sprites I have. Love your profile picture by the way.

Attachments

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Yeah, if it's a single sprite (instead of 8), then it needs a $ at the start of the file name.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And if it's a BUNCH of weird-shaped sprites you use a ! instead

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Restart Actually, that's not true. This post explains better than I can, but ! just tells the engine to not move the sprite a few pixels up so that it's flush with the tile its on (seriously, try putting a door without the ! and see how odd it looks sitting in the middle of a wall :rswt).

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah you're right, I'm so used to my hacked up chrono engine I forgot how offsets work by default:rswt

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for you help guys! This worked great! So does it work the same with larger sprites?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes. The size of the sprite doesn't matter. It's all about the format and the file name.

Just note, if you have sprites larger than 48x48, when you add them to an event, the full sprite won't show in the editor - just what will fill the 48x48 tile. But when you play, the full sprite will show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari