Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am really new to RPG Maker MV, but so far everything had seemed to be working fine, but now I'm dealing with a glitch that I can't seem to find any information on.

Whenever I go to playtest my game a bunch of sprites/tiles just straight up turn invisible. They're still there and can be interacted with, but their actual images won't render. They still so up in the creator and don't have any other problems.

The only thing I could think of is that I tried to add some sprites to a prebuilt tileset, but I reverted it after it didn't work as I wanted, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Any advice?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably passability settings. If you have an item with a * passability, but put a tile with X or O on top of it, it will show as the bottom layer in the editor, but as the top layer in the game, thus making other tiles seem to disappear, when really, they are drawn beneath it.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check that, thank you. Just to make it more clear it started ina new map I was making where I was trying to stack some sprites to make school desks when it happened, then found after checking that it was happening on older maps I had already finished too.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sprites on the tileset, or sprites in events?

If you have edited any of your tiles, you MUST make sure the tileset image is the exact size required by MV. If you make it larger or smaller, it might show up correctly in the editor, but will not show correctly when you play the game. To get the correct size, look at the size of the default tilesets (you might need to start a new project to see this, if the ones you edited were the default ones) for that same slot (all the A tile images are different sizes, and the B-E images are all the same size, but different to all the A ones). Or look at the help file, which lists the dimensions.

If it's sprites on events, it could be that you've got additional event pages that are active, rather than the pages you think should be active. Make sure you don't have extra pages that have no conditions, as these will override lower-numbered pages.

If you can't figure it all out, give us a screenshot of the map in the editor, highlighting the tiles/events, and another of the same area in-game, so we can see what you're talking about.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

currently working on some template sprites and tweaking the walk cycle :)
Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg
not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garlock