Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Introduction:

Generally I find 3 frames of animation to be very limiting, and 4 directions of movement to be too few. And not having separate running/walking animations? C'mon! Well, now that is all changed thanks to the hard work of Dekita. These scripts are a set of modules (so you can use only what you need/want) that give you control over your spritesheet animations. You can change how many frames of animation are used in your sheets, you can define custom animations and poses and call them in-game via script call, you can add 8 direction movement, and even idle animations when you are standing still. 

Features:

-Modular scripts - use what you need/want, disable what you don't.

-Can set the number of animation frames for each animation, along with other custom controls.

-Can add 8 direction movement easily.

-Can add idle animations - make your character come alive when standing still!

-Can add custom animations and poses - anything you can think of and make, you can add and use in-game.

Presently all of the settings are set to utilize my various 2nd Generation resources (the Wild Steam pack and other packs forthcoming) - 8 frames of animation, idle animations, 8 direction movement. However, you can freely customize these settings to your liking.

Screenshots:

Screenshots would be useless, so here are some gifs showing a few of the animations currently possible with these modular scripts:

qW6iqX5.gif

07dUVeL.gif

Pkk75zP.gif

How to use:

These scripts have been thoroughly documented and instructions are included in each script. Most of the features are straight-forward and plug-and-play, the rest have customization options - just read the script headers :)

Demo:

You can get the latest version of the scripts from the demo here:

Spritesheet Animation Modules by Dekita

FAQ:

None yet - will update as they arise.

Bugs/Issues:

None yet - will update as they arise. Any bugs or issues will be brought to the attention of Dekita. PLEASE DO REPORT ANY BUGS/ISSUES YOU FIND!

Compatibility:

Thus far, no compatibility issues. Works with higher resolutions, and works with Effectus. If you come across any compatibility issues, please do let us know!

Credit && Thanks:

60WMB8A.png

NXqQaTN.png

Dekita / DekitaRPG and Pioneer Valley Games. 

Dekita did all of the hard work, I just provided doritos.

Terms of Use:

You are free to use these in commercial and non-commercial projects. Do not post these scripts anywhere else (this is mostly due to keeping them localized for updating purposes), and instead post a link back to this thread.

Thank you kindly!

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gotta love them Doritos :p

Xbox-ONE-Every-2-Minute-Adventure-4.jpg

Danteus

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um, not sure if anyone else has noticed but the WASD script does not work. I even tried it in the demo project and it didn't work there either :(

Other than that thank you for these awesome scripts. Now I just need to figure out a way to get Shaz's mouse script to use your diagonals when pathfinding.

PS: While I am thinking of it. What order should the suffixes go in for sheets that need more than one? A running diagonal sheet with a pose, for example.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At the top of the aforementinoed script (wasd) there is a boolean condition. Looks somewhat to similar to this...

if false # make true to enable script, make false to disable.
Pretty sure I left it turned off. So all you gotta do is make it true ^_^ 

Cant remember the exact order of the suffixes (as im not as my cpu nright now) but im fairly sure is was diagonal then dash / idle / custom pose name. And if you need to use the _pvg suffix then that should always be placed last. :)

Danteus

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you. I had noticed the conditional on the other scripts and since all the other ones I imported were set to true I forgot to check the one on WASD.

ppirilla

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
First, thank you for making these scripts available.  I feel that they really open up what we can do visually with a project. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue.

A bare bones example: I added one event to the first map of the demo project.  Parallel process with one command, Erase Event.  The game exited with error message 

Script '^-SSC::Frames' line 587: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'no_pvg_ssc_ani' for nil:NilClass

I was able to fix the problem by nesting an "if @page" after lines 586 and 592, but there might be a more elegant solution to the problem.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh, thanks for stating that. :)

I'm fairly sure I fixed that already - but it may not yet be updated in the demo project, will have a look. :D

Iruga2266

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
oh, thanks for stating that. :)

I'm fairly sure I fixed that already - but it may not yet be updated in the demo project, will have a look. :D
I'm having the same issue  ;_; ...

And if I nest an "if @page" as stated above, the graphic of events gets cut...

sNpcUvw.png

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Iruga - Can you take a screenshot of the code that you modified?  Adding the @page should'nt have caused such an issue.

Additionally, I am just about to begin a small update of this system ~ should be ready in the coming days.  I will make sure to add the @page fix when doing this update. :)

Iruga2266

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Iruga - Can you take a screenshot of the code that you modified?  Adding the @page should'nt have caused such an issue.

Additionally, I am just about to begin a small update of this system ~ should be ready in the coming days.  I will make sure to add the @page fix when doing this update. :)
Sure! I'll edit with the screenshot.

But, another thing: If you disable indle script, the frames script gets an error.

MDoyZD0.png

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The idle script is the reason that I am going to update these scripts :)

A few annoying little bugs seem to be in the script and luckily (\s) its my job to find those ^_^

Anyway, for the @page fix, it shoud look like this. :)

#===============================================================================class Game_Event#=============================================================================== #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ New ] #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- def no_pvgssc_ani @page && @page.no_pvg_ssc_ani end #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ NEW ] #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- def pvg_ssc_fix_idle_ani @page && @page.pvg_ssc_fix_idle_ani end #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ end class ] #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------endHope that helps ya :)

Iruga2266

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The idle script is the reason that I am going to update these scripts :)

A few annoying little bugs seem to be in the script and luckily (\s) its my job to find those ^_^

Anyway, for the @page fix, it shoud look like this. :)

#===============================================================================class Game_Event#=============================================================================== #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ New ] #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- def no_pvgssc_ani @page && @page.no_pvg_ssc_ani end #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ NEW ] #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- def pvg_ssc_fix_idle_ani @page && @page.pvg_ssc_fix_idle_ani end #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # [ end class ] #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------endHope that helps ya :)
Already tried that before  :p  ...

The events still get cut, but in a different dimension.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is really strange. 

Do you have any other scripts that could be altering how the sprite is being drawn on the screen?

Also, how does the 'cut off' differ compared the previous example?

Iruga2266

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'll give you a screenshot. Just a second.

I had. I've made a script for changing the graphics if dashing. But I was unsuccessful when I tried to make the diagonal sprite change. Then I saw your script, and the rest is love.

But my scripts are disabled.

Before and after the fix:

sNpcUvw.png

34cvuwg.png
Edit:

You see, I thought maybe my scripts were causing the issue. But then I tried to do the same thing with your demo:

aQzt4Kp.png
Edit 2: 

I've found the issue. It's inside the frames script.

I've tried two different sprites, one with 3 frames animation. And the other with 8.

The 8 one is on the left.

And the small rtp sprites have no issue, disregard of its amount of frames.

aV29M9M.png

txtk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I tested the demo and tried to add a follower (using example 6 sprites from the demo). The follower (party member) graphic is freeze and won't move.

I tried Victor scripts (Basic module, Multi frames, Diagonnal, Character controls), while it does move, the dash graphics only works on the lead Actor. It doesn't work on the follower.

I tested many scripts, tried many things and never seem to get this work right. :(

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, victor scripts are nothing to do with these scripts, so there is no point in even mentioning those here. :)

I am currently looking into some issues with these scripts though. Hopefully there will be an update for them all soon. :D

txtk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I hope you improve the scripts so that we can use Dash graphics for the party members too, not just the led actor. This is a basic feature but unfortunately no scripts support that. I Google for months now and couldn't find one. >_> ;_; :headshake:

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Dekita, I was just wondering if this is possible (can't seem to figure it out). What I'd like to do is use the Construct script to create graphics for events. Is this possible?

I attempted to create actors using the construct script, then try changing the event graphic to the actor graphic using;

Set Move Route (EV001): Script: set_graphic($game_actors[id].character_name, $game_actors[id].character_index)But no luck. Any advice on how I could go about doing this?

Edit: Or if it's possible.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dekita, 

Any news regarding the S.A.M update?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
News is - I was sick of the issues, so started writing the scripts again from scratch - currently have the frames all working properly, but not finished re-implementing things like diagonal and dashing and idle frames and such.

Dont fear though - as soon as the changes are made, this thread will be updated with the latest versions ^_^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New Boss Attacks for Soul Hero Adventure:
1,Aim and shoot
2,Boulders falling frenzy
3,Throwing Fireballs
4,Chasing Magical Traps
5,Lasers attack of 360-degree
Pokemon AI Logic: "Enemy is weak to Fire, I better use Rain Dance to make fire type moves less effective. I should just always cast Rain Dance first no matter what, even though it's a niche move that I'm not set up to exploit."
After a little test with the parallax mapping, found it lags like a cat on a leash. Instead of the original idea to parallax map the entirety of the ship, I guess I'll settle for editing the tilesets. Probably should have done that first. :kaosigh:
So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Almouros