Spritesheets

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by aston00, Aug 2, 2019.

1. aston00

aston00 C'wendia, Spirits In Black Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok I'm sorry. Last attempt :)
    I have single images of sprites. They are in a 256. X 256 box but the actual size of the Sprite itself is 64 x 120. So there is a lot of room around the Sprite in the 256 x 256 box. I want to make a Sprite sheet that is 4096 x 1024 Wich is grid size of 128 x 32 and 128 x 8. My problem is I can not figure out how to get those sprites to snap to grid correctly and centered. The are off in annimations in game. Please help.

2. Sugor

Sugor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have problem with that too but all I did was trial and error...I don't if this will helpp... But that's how I solved it I spend hours to make it right ahaha

3. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    the grabbing of the individual sprites from the sheet is done by code.
    you can make the sheet any size you want, as long as all squares are the same size, and the sheet doesn't have any empty spaces.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @aston00 This is the third time you have posted a thread about this, with each query being slightly different. Each time you have posted in the wrong section of the forum. 'Product Discussion and Support' is - as the description on the forum front page makes clear - for "if you have problems with a Non-RPG Maker Product or DLCs in general". You are not talking about sprites that came in a DLC, so you should not be posting here.

Please read forum descriptions before posting new threads.

As you are once more asking about how to create your images correctly,

I am moving this to Resource Support

Why do you have your image on a 256 x 256 box when it is only 64 x 120 and you don't actually want all that extra space? Why isn't it in a 64 x 120 box? This will make it a lot easier to position it correctly.

Secondly, you can't have a sprite sheet which mixes 2 sizes i.e. 128 x 32 and 128 x 8. The engine will only see the whole sprite sheet and divide it by the correct number - which will mean that your sprites are messed up. In a sprite sheet all boxes need to be of the same size.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In none of your support requests have you actually posted any of your sprites so we can see what you're talking about. It could be that you're using an entirely wrong format which would be obvious if we could see it.

Please post some of your sprites instead of trying to describe in words how they are set up.

6. aston00

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,
    Sorry for posting in the wrong place. It wont happen again. The spites were sent to me that way. I paid a commission and didn't get what I asked for so I was trying to get them switch over to the size I needed. The sheet grid box is128x128 x 32 across and 8 down. Again im sorry and it wont happen again. I did figure out how to do it if any one is interested, Thank you guys kindly for getting back with me.

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A box cannot be 3 dimensions.

What is the size of the entire spritesheet? How many columns and how many rows of characters are there? Are you saying that each cell in the spritesheet is 128 x 128 pixels, and there are 32 cells across and 8 down? Is it a walking sprite or a battler sprite? Or a sprite for one of the other character formats like Holder's battlers or a diagonal movement plugin?

Did you pay a commission to someone on this forum to have these sprites made? Did you make it clear they were for use in RPG Maker MV? If so, and if the person said they could do that, I would be going back to them to ask THEM to put the sprites in the correct format. Is it possible that you and they just miscommunicated?

8. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  9. aston00

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,
    Yes Shaz, the Sprite sheet is set up for galves diagonal movement and more character frames 128x128 with 32 cells across and 8 down. The guy I commissioned I think has been on here but I met him on open game art. His name is bleed and things were clear. I would not recommend working with him. Anyways, I did figure out how to get it to work and is all good now. I will post how here very soon. Thank you all kindly for the help.