RMVXA Square & Triangle

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • "In the Hallowed Darkness, it calls to thee. Will thee heed the wretched call of the night? In a deplorable little shack, it waits . . . the Heart of Darkness."

Square and Triangle is a side-scrolling RPG Maker game where you play as the titular duo Square & Triangle, and switch between them at will. The end-goal is to defeat the Heart of Darkness, an evil entity that lingers within a haunted shack. To do so, the duo will have to gather five orbs located in the shack in order to unlock the door behind which the entity waits.

The game is currently in a half-finished state and you are more or less finished after you beat the boss battle. However, there are some minor things after the boss that hint at the second half of the game.

• P.S. I'd like to clarify that this game originated as a contestant for a three-day game jam, and that the bulk of which you see here was intact when I first made it. It has received some polish since, including a change in controls, and some minor little touch-ups.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Here is a small collection of screenshots that I amassed of the game.

CONTROL SCHEME
I designed this game with a clear control scheme in mind. However, RPG Maker is not normally configured naturally the way that I set it up. Here is an image that shows roughly how it should be.

DOWNLOAD LINK

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Minimalistic, but very cute. The characters are very adorable facial expressions. I guess it's the position of the eyes.

NoahB

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
BoxBoy, is that you?

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
BoxBoy, is that you?
HaHa, I was wondering if anyone would ever make that comparison. While BoxBoy did not inspire this game, I am aware of it's existence. I have never played it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Got your game? Cause its time to duel!"

I'm so into YuGiOh these days...
(And of course the hand is awful)
Been working on this new character for the battle system It's BOSS time!
Happy Year of the Rat all! Wish everyone can achieve their dream this year
Please support my Lego Ideas Untitled Goose Game set, thanks in advance :) https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2bcb743a-1071-4f44-89f4-97ad6ec27b5d
Here we are....REMIND is out and what am I doing?
Still Playing Kingdom Hearts 3.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darking1