SRD Battle Popup Customizer + YEP Buff & States Core Issue

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by AdamSakuru, Mar 12, 2018.

1. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru StudioDaeera Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    SRD's Battle Popup Customizer and Yanfly's Buff & States Core plugins work fine with each-other, but I discovered a visual issue that is occurring as a result of some sort of minor incompatibility with the two.

If damage/recovery numbers are to popup on an actor due to the trait "HP Regen" in a state (i.e poison, bleed, etc.) they will pop up all the way at the top of the screen and off screen for some reason. This doesn't occur when Buff & States Core is turned off. And otherwise numbers appear where they are supposed to.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Plugins:
    YEP Buff & States Core: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/25/yep-50-buffs-states-core/
    SRD's Battle Popup Customizer: http://sumrndm.site/battle-popup-customizer/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Le'bump

3. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bumpity'Bump

4. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    SRD's damage popup plugin doesn't play well with a number of other plugins - you're better off switching to another plugin entirely if you're not using it with a "vanilla" game. Victor/Moghunter both have their own (Victor's is great if you're not using Moghunter's Battle HUD).

EDIT: I thought you could edit the positioning of those specific numbers from the plugin commands though? If not, they're definitely available in the plugin file itself.

AdamSakuru likes this.
  5. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You can edit the positions from within the plugin. I think everything else works fine but with this particular one whatever the incompatibility is seems to make HP that appears through the regen trait appear at the top. Actually, it starts where the actors are but in 1-2 frames jumps up to that position.

Can I use Victor's without his core engine?
    Edit: I only ask because I have tons of plugins already and I'm trying to avoid adding more so there's less incompatibility.

6. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You'd need to use his core engine, but any of the core plugins from developers are compatible plugin-wide typically. Have you double checked the positioning in your plugin commands? Looking at the plugin itself the code is kind of simplified so you wouldn't be able to rewrite the location of that one part without doing it for all of the default locations.

7. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, I've checked numerous times. I even turned off the plugin and then put in a fresh instance of it so it had the default settings. It still does that.
    It's definitely an incompatability with Yanfly's Buff & States Core, because it works fine when I turn it off.

And I also figured out 'why' it's making it jump so high. Look at the attached image.
    I added a new popup condition for "result.hpDamage === 0" and then this happened.

For some reason what's happening between Buff & States Core and SRD's Battle Popup plugin is that it's making a bunch of instances of text that should appear, and when new text is added it's offset by a certain amount. Which is why it appears at the top. Note that it's doing it for the enemy as well and she doesn't have the state in question. Weird.

I may look into using Victor's or Moghunter's damage popup plugin. See if either of them will play any better with my project.

Attached Files: