lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am losing my mind here. I'm encountering an issue whenever I execute the OpenCharacterCreator plugin command for Character Creator Ex. I'm fairly certain I know what the error is referring to, as I have encountered this error before in the past when adding new generator parts. I believe it's because there's a discrepancy somewhere between the folders listed in img/SumRndmDude/Character-creator-ex, the files listed in the Layers parameters, the sections listed in the Order parameter, and the parts listed in the CharacterCreator.json file.

I'm going cross-eyed comparing them all because I can't figure out what I've done wrong, though. I'm sure it'll pop out at me clear as day tomorrow when I can look at it again after work, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask here in case the answer is glaringly obvious to a pair of outside eyes. Thank you again for your help, folks!

Error:

1627264712514.png

Layers:

Tail Part2, BodyA1, BodyA2, BodyA3, BodyB1, BodyB2, BodyB3, BodyC1, BodyC2, BodyC3, SwimwearA1, SwimwearA2, SwimwearA3, SwimwearB1, SwimwearB2, SwimwearB3, SwimwearC1, SwimwearC2, SwimwearC3, Rear Hair Part2, Front Hair Part2, CoutureA1, CoutureA2, CoutureB1, CoutureB2, CoutureC1, CoutureC2, PantsA, PantsB, Shoes, TopsA1, TopsA2, TopsB1, TopsB2, TopsC1, TopsC2, Nose, Ears, Makeup, Eyes, Eyebrows, Mouth, Rear Hair Part1, Accessory, Glasses, Front Hair Part1, BeastEars, Headgear, Tail Part1

Order:
BodyA1, BodyA2, BodyA3, BodyB1, BodyB2, BodyB3, BodyC1, BodyC2, BodyC3, Ears, Eyes, Eyebrows, Nose, Mouth, Makeup, Front Hair, Rear Hair, TopsA1, TopsA2, TopsB1, TopsB2, TopsC1, TopsC2, PantsA, PantsB, CoutureA1, CoutureA2, CoutureB1, CoutureB2, CoutureC1, CoutureC2, SwimwearA1, SwimwearA2, SwimwearA3, SwimwearB1, SwimwearB2, SwimwearB3, SwimwearC1, SwimwearC2, SwimwearC3, Shoes, Accessory, Headgear, Glasses, BeastEars, Tail Part1

Folders:
1627264618504.png

Edit: I wiped all the parameters and replaced the JSON file with the default one, and built it from the ground up again. The layers, orders, folders, and JSON file are all exactly the same as before, but now it works. Not sure what exactly happened for the error message to get thrown, but it's fixed now lol. If anyone else stumbles across this thread and has the same issue, I'd recommend erasing your parameters, returning your JSON file to the original one, and adding everything back in one at a time.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotfwing